Check your account email address ×

U.S. Steel Corp. , Will Restart plant in Granite City, ILL. Re-hire + - 500 employees

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

if i was constantly finding myself in agreement with the likes of sludgey, momo, racer....i'd do some serious re-evaluations. :lol:

If I had to choose on a random issue whether to side with sludgey and racer or MC and Snowrider and I am pretty sure its going to be the Righties.....fuck me you and yours are some dub gullible retarded motherfuckers.......actually worse than the right wing whackos

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Poor stupid sheep ......hypothetical job losses.....that about sums it up

Everytime the globalists get shot down they and their lapdog media ratchet up the fear mongering and doomsday scenarios and they never come true

You'd think fucking braindead morons like Icewoman would learn 

How will this time be different than 2002 when Bush imposes tarriffs?

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

How will this time be different than 2002 when Bush imposes tarriffs?

Because the pressure from chinese production is much more damaging now than it was then and we are 2 decades further into the destruction of american manufacturing

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Because the pressure from chinese production is much more damaging now than it was then and we are 2 decades further into the destruction of american manufacturing

So the job losses will be worse this time is what you’re saying

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

So the job losses will be worse this time is what you’re saying

Yes....if we dont impose these tariffs the job losses will be much worse. We cannot afford to lose any more manufacturing jobs because they are about the only thing that pays worth a shit in this country 

Just now, f7ben said:

Yes....if we dont impose these tariffs the job losses will be much worse. We cannot afford to lose any more manufacturing jobs because they are about the only thing that pays worth a shit in this country 

Then why sacrifice 10 manufacturing jobs for every one steel mill job?

At least Trump has made exceptions for Canada and Mexico, but the increased price of raw material will hurt manufacturers.  At the same time, China needs to be dealt with, so why not just go after them specifically.?  The EU is still lumped into this tariff and they will retaliate.

The bigger threat to manufacturing jobs is automation.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol:

"The result of Bush's tariffs was a $30 million hit to the economy, according to a lengthy government report from the U.S. International Trade Commission in 2003. Studies by outside groups conclude that the United States lost jobs because of the move: The employment gains in factories that make raw steel were outweighed by job losses in other industries, especially at companies that take raw steel and make it into parts for cars and appliances. To put it another way, it cost about $400,000 per job saved in the steel industry, according to an estimate by the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

At least Trump has made exceptions for Canada and Mexico, but the increased price of raw material will hurt manufacturers.  At the same time, China needs to be dealt with, so why not just go after them specifically.?  The EU is still lumped into this tariff and they will retaliate.

the fucking guy is dumb as a rock. try throwing facts at him, they're "hypotheticals" or "crony corporatism". i never saw such a hard headed dumb fuck when it comes to facts but then jello when it comes to batchit crazy conspiracies. dude's got some screws loose. 

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the fucking guy is dumb as a rock. try throwing facts at him, they're "hypotheticals" or "crony corporatism". i never saw such a hard headed dumb fuck when it comes to facts but then jello when it comes to batchit crazy conspiracies. dude's got some screws loose. 

Funny shit from the imbicile who has been :wrong: about everything from the beginning of time :lmao: 

8 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

We cant just go after China because they are flooding the market with steel and it is making it in relabeled through other ports....they are cheating and there is no way to deal with it aside from tariffs on all steel imports. We have been trying to deal with them and failed and they will not back down.

The job loss estimates are total bullshit.....stick them up your globalist ass 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

We cant just go after China because they are flooding the market with steel and it is making it in relabeled through other ports....they are cheating and there is no way to deal with it aside from tariffs on all steel imports. We have been trying to deal with them and failed and they will not back down.

The job loss estimates are total bullshit.....stick them up your globalist ass 

So raw material prices won’t go up as a result of this?  Who will pay for the added cost of material?

12 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

So raw material prices won’t go up as a result of this?  Who will pay for the added cost of material?

yes....raw mat prices will go up ......but they wont get near the prices they were in the 2005-2008 range. How did we ever get by then???????

I dont recall prices of shit being out of control and the economy dying a slow death when pig iron was 200% higher than it is now 10 years ago????

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

yes....raw mat prices will go up ......but they wont get near the prices they were in the 2005-2008 range. How did we ever get by then???????

I dont recall prices of shit being out of control and the economy dying a slow death when pig iron was 200% higher than it is now 10 years ago????

Around here they are already approaching 2007 prices but no shortages yet.  Does the US have enough domestic production to make up for a drop in supply from Asia, or will there be shortages?

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Around here they are already approaching 2007 prices but no shortages yet.  Does the US have enough domestic production to make up for a drop in supply from Asia, or will there be shortages?

I hope there are shortages....then maybe my idle plant that displace 200 workers will be fired up again :lol: 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

at least this is more aimed at china now.

This has been really a great job by Trump.....he aimed the barrel at Canada and Mexico and then put the gun down for the moment. They better get on board with renegotiation or they can see what is coming their way with the stroke of a pen.

Like I said.....China just got put on notice and their fucking us dry is over for now 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I hope there are shortages....then maybe my idle plant that displace 200 workers will be fired up again :lol: 

Maybe Bethlehem Steel can unfuck all the pensioners they ass raped when they went bankrupt :dunno:  

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

fucking guy is up there talking about imported steel and what it did to US jobs, yet he used imported steel for his businesses. :handjob:

All the steel manufacturers use imported steel if its cheaper when they need steel ......tell me that aint fucked up 

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You ain't coming back here....we have the border secured and are watching.  

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I like the surgical idea of tarrifs. Tariff finished goods like washers or appliances etc. 

If its a good that is manufactured here and you intend to import it from a country with slave wages and no environmental standards then it should be subject to tariff .....if its made someplace like Canada or Australia then go ahead and try to compete.....if they are better than so be it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1