Check your account email address ×

Everyone gets a trophy!

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/02/13/school-tells-kids-they-must-dance-if-asked-during-valentines-day-event-now-parents-are-reacting

Two articles, before 8am??

"I'm getting anxiety about going outside in this liberal environment, I can't come into work today, but I talked to HR. Ya'll are going to keep paying me, you can't force me to leave my safe space!" /Sarcasm 

:crazy:

22 minutes ago, Cold War said:

:lol:

Silliness.

When are these schools going to be confronted about this "silliness "?

Honest question for those of you with children: How do you approach these issues, all while restraining yourself from choking out people at the PTA meeting???

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Honest question for those of you with children: How do you approach these issues, all while restraining yourself from choking out people at the PTA meeting???

I went to one PTA meeting when my kids were in elementary school. It was the last one I went to. The whole time I was thinking “wtf is wrong with these people”? :lol: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I'm not for banning best friends, or the words anyhow, however I am fully in support of training our younger ones to be more inclusive and open to befriending others.

Neal

I agree. Yet I can't help but to scratch my head how these establishments try and go about teaching this. Comon' people, that's not how the world works!

6 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I agree. Yet I can't help but to scratch my head how these establishments try and go about teaching this. Comon' people, that's not how the world works!

21 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I don't think their is any greater skill you can teach your children than how to cultivate and maintain good friendships. Nothing has served me better in my life than the friendships I have made. Still have a lot of the friends I made in school, going all the way back until middle school.  Jobs, money, promotions, happy events, are nothing without people to share them with.  Does anyone come on here and talk about the great snowmobile trip or vacation,  they took all by themselves ?  

I think modern technology has taken away the support system of a group of friends that we all had growing up.  Every 80's movie you watch , you have the different groups of kids...jocks......burnouts......band......etc.  Was it so bad? You found a group where you fit in and went with it.  Now, we medicate kids and try to social engineer their lives.

Play dates??? WTF is that??   

• Like 1