Check your account email address ×

NASCAR 2016

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

I hope Truex is....Alexander Rossi won the Indy 500 earlier today by conserving fuel so anything is possible. :bc:

Yes, congrats to Alexander....   I wouldn't mind seeing another "rookie with Napa sponsorship" win this season in nascar

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, TheEdge said:

Yes, congrats to Alexander....   I wouldn't mind seeing another "rookie with Napa sponsorship" win this season in nascar

Yessir....I like Ryan Blaney running for The Wood Brothers as well....2 very good young drivers. :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Good win!!! :bc:

1 minute ago, TheEdge said:

Dominate fashion too

I love everything about this win... :bc:

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheEdge said:

I'd like to see Chase win too :bc:

18 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Yessir....I like Ryan Blaney running for The Wood Brothers as well....2 very good young drivers. :bc:

I'm also a fan of Blaney :bc:

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Hell yeah!!!!

Good to see Tuex get the monkey off his back :bc:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya -2laps shoort of fuel my ass... :lol:

I didn't get to watch it....is that what they were saying.....nice game of possum! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I didn't get to watch it....is that what they were saying.....nice game of possum! :lol:

Ya...sure was...just macmurry ran out i guess.....and he only lost 3 or 4 spots.

I didn't get to see or hear any of the race but I did catch some of the post race talk on Sirius.

Heard Tony was actually having a good day until he slid and collected Danica.

Keselowski got black flagged for modified body panels. They were saying that one of the pit crew members body checked the side of the car during a pit stop in order to intentionally cave in the body right before the right rear. Another team had thrown the tire at the left side.

Kurt said that his car was on fumes and the motor was sputtering during the burn out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't get to see or hear any of the race but I did catch some of the post race talk on Sirius.

Heard Tony was actually having a good day until he slid and collected Danica.

Keselowski got black flagged for modified body panels. They were saying that one of the pit crew members body checked the side of the car during a pit stop in order to intentionally cave in the body right before the right rear. Another team had thrown the tire at the left side.

Kurt said that his car was on fumes and the motor was sputtering during the burn out.

I waatched the entire race ....It was the jack handle that dented the side of the 2 car on a pit stop...no body check

Hasn't there been biased broadcasters in the booth for years? Ned Jarret and DW come to mind.

Keselowski say Gordon is biased in broadcast booth: #2-Brad Keselowski's car took a shot in the pits and then he took aim at Jeff Gordon. Keselowski, the pole sitter for Monday's race at Pocono Raceway, ran into early trouble when he was called back to the pits because of unapproved body modifications on his #2 Ford. One of his pit crew members threw a shoulder block into a side panel, which caused a dent that potentially could give the car more sideforce and an aerodynamic edge on the track. Crew members argued with pit officials, to no avail. Keselowski rallied to finish third, though his Ford was quickly surrounded by NASCAR officials. The car did not fail postrace inspection. Keselowski was angered when told that the FS1 broadcast aired footage of his crew doing something similar during a pit stop earlier this year at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Keselowski was not penalized and won the race. Gordon, the retired four-time NASCAR champion and an analyst for the FS1 broadcast team, explained on the broadcast how Keselowski might have an edge. As he spoke, the network showed a replay of the Las Vegas pit stop.
After the Pocono race, Keselowski was upset that Gordon is broadcasting while he still owns a stake in Hendrick Motorsports. "They need to get some people in the booth who aren't inbred to the sport and own teams and have internal knowledge, because that's pretty crappy," Keselowski said. "But it is what it is."
"It's not that I don't like Jeff Gordon in the booth," Keselowski said. "It's that you need to have people who don't own teams or have commercial interests in the sport, because they say things that are very biased."
Gordon later tweeted an apology. "My mistake comparing @keselowski @LVMotorSpeedway incident today @poconoraceway but @NASCAR called car down pit road to fix issue not me," he wrote. "My mistake was that @keselowski didn't get a penalty for the 'body modifications' during @LVMotorSpeedway race."(Associated Press)(6-7-2016)

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I don't believe the jack handle caused the side to be caved in like that.

You are correct...but he sure tried to make it look like it did.... :lol: 

I was watching the race without commentary after seeing it this morning again it was obvious.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2016/06/06/brad-keselowski-pocono-axalta-400-penalty-reaction-tv-replay-jeff-gordon/85522270/

I really don't understand Nascar's officiating process. Last week Kurt Busch's crew chief was suspend for one race because one lug nut was not fully tight during post race inspection. This week they have video of the 2 cars jackman intentionally altering the body and the only penalty issued is a drive though penalty during the race :thumbsdown:

UPDATE: A NASCAR official said the penalty to Brad Keselowski's team during Monday's race at Pocono was "an in-race infraction" and that "we'll move on." Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR executive vice president and chief racing development officer, made the comments Tuesday on "The Morning Drive" on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.(NBC Sports)(6-7-2016)