Check your account email address ×

T100 S 1969..

Just now, Blackstar said:

Used to see mint condition CBX's for $2500-3500 a few years ago. Now guys are asking $5000 and up.

I never was a fan but they look mean naked with a 6 into 1.

not a huge fan my self just love the 6 and they are only going up. the dressers look to be the ones rising the  most . more or less want it to put on a shelf for a few decades.

I have a few old Hondas and a 57bsa in the shed .the only bike I ride is my 16ktm 390 duke . and once in a while I will yank out one of the 62 C100s if going to a car/bike  show or something and have ambition

1 hour ago, stealth bomber said:

With a lower seat, some good pegs, grips and the right bars it is way more fun to ride than a stock 650.  Plus after opening up the exhaust, jetting the carbs and ditching 100 pounds of useless crap it's a decent performer.  Fun hunting for trick parts on eBay, no worries about stone chips, scratches or having to polish any chrome.  I'd like to build something similar with old school knobby tires.  Maybe start with a Honda CB 750, always wanted one of those.  Had the 500 four version.

lol i had a 72 500 four, my buddy had a 550 four 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Buy an R series BMW 90s vintage, same price range.  Swiss watch of a bike.

they are nice but don't seem to be moving north in price for some reason .odd seeing as there are so few. think it has to do with demand comes from what people had or wanted to have in there prime  

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

they are nice but don't seem to be moving north in price for some reason .odd seeing as there are so few. think it has to do with demand comes from what people had or wanted to have in there prime  

Probably true but don't matter.  I owned one, and kick myself for selling it.  Best deal on the market for a bike you can take a 5 mile trip around the block or load up the saddlebags and head out cross country.  I wanted a Triumph when I was a teenager.  Then I realized they're pretty much complete pieces of shit.  You can run that BMW for 100k miles without cracking the cases.  Try that on a Triumph.

2 hours ago, toslow said:

lol i had a 72 500 four, my buddy had a 550 four 

Bought a CB 175 and a CB 200 parts bike when I was 14.  Traded up for the 500 when I was 17.  Have had a soft spot for old Honda bikes ever since.  Still remember the first time I laid eyes on a CBX.  Couldn't believe how wide the motor was.  

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Anyone here ever had a Yamaha RZ350? If I were to get an older bike I think one these might be in the list

An old racing bud has a restored one.....what a raspy little rocket.  Not sure how it handles, but it sure goes and sounds nice. :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

An old racing bud has a restored one.....what a raspy little rocket.  Not sure how it handles, but it sure goes and sounds nice. :bc: 

That's exactly why I find it interesting just have never seen one up close let alone ridden one :bc: 

14 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Anyone here ever had a Yamaha RZ350? If I were to get an older bike I think one these might be in the list

I had one in the mid 80s , want another . been looking for a clean Kenny Roberts in yellow . they were fun for what they were . the 500 is what I really want but the Canadians have most of them in lock down

BTW the rz350 is a banshee power plant  . if buying a rz350 look for original pipes worth a lot more with them in the long run . if they don't have them on ask if they still have or know where they are . not saying keep them on but do not toss in trash .

I know where 1 is with less than 1k on it but guy will not sell cuz it was his dead buddy's and his mom has been storing in the basement for decades . but she is on her way t a home soon and it wont fit in his condo my day may be coming .lol