Check your account email address ×

Fireball's official old Ford Truck Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

After 14 years working together, my ‘07 F250 is leaving me. After finding a crack in the coolant tank I realized there was diesel fuel in the coolant. Off to my mechanic who says it’s at the least a leaking injector cup but more likely a cracked head. He says run it until it dies, it’s not worth fixing at this stage. She just turned 400k kms and 9000 hrs. I was hoping she’d go another 2 years.

So I’m on the hunt for replacement, thinking ‘06-07 6.0 Crew so I can reuse the flat deck and plow harness. Only plowing a few driveways now since I gave up my commercial accounts. Hopefully something reasonably clean so I can park my others trucks for the winter and use it to pull my sled trailer (will need to be clean enough for the wife to ride in). 

IMG_1833.thumb.jpeg.7bca573fa356fa358202e16569ee584f.jpeg

She had a good run.👍🏼🫡

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The replacement for the blue ‘07 that died.

No, I haven’t learned a fucking thing…lol

2007 Harley F350 long bed 6.0 with 465k kms showing. Currently has a replacement motor with 220k kms.

IMG_6552.thumb.jpeg.5ffa10c1ab5f3621f8fc3201a0dac7d6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

The replacement for the blue ‘07 that died.

No, I haven’t learned a fucking thing…lol

2007 Harley F350 long bed 6.0 with 465k kms showing. Currently has a replacement motor with 220k kms.

IMG_6552.thumb.jpeg.5ffa10c1ab5f3621f8fc3201a0dac7d6.jpeg

Has it had all the deletes done?

7 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Has it had all the deletes done?

Completely stock motor. I'll pull the EGR delete and tuner from my old truck.

Edited by Blackstar

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Completely stock motor. I'll pull the EGR delete and tuner from my old truck.

It might be a good one with that mileage if it's stock.  Did you check the Oasis report?

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It might be a good one with that mileage if it's stock.  Did you check the Oasis report?

Never heard of Oasis report. Had to google.

The owner gave me a run down of what he knew about the truck.

Came from Arizona to Canada around 2015. Owned by a friend of his. 4 years ago, he wrecked a 2009 King Ranch duallie and needed a truck right away to pull trailers. He bought this. It had a bullet proofed motor with a big turbo and performance goodies. Last summer he felt a vibration in the truck, he thought ujoint. Took it to a small Ford dealer he knew to have this looked at. Dealership belonged to a friend. They replaced balljoints, tierods, front ujoints and draglink. He got the truck back, noticed the vibration was still there. Made an appointment to take it back and have the oil changed. They fixed the vibration, hanger bearing. Truck was running a bit strange, hesitation, hard starting. Check the dipstick and it was dry. Called the dealer. The kid who does the oil changes only put 6 liters in it. Back to the dealer but the damage was done. Motor was junk.

He had it towed to a different shop that specialized in diesels. Plan was to put a Ford crate motor in but the shop said the old block was junk and core on the crate motor was $7200. He found a beater truck to pull the motor out of to use for the core but it ran so well they put it in this truck.  The shop went through this motor before it went in. Clean and tight. He says it runs great every since but its not the truck it was. He bought a Mercedes 4x4 1 ton van to replace it.

It needs emergency brakes, tires, cab corners are soft but should pass safety. Big rust spot over windshield which is my biggest worry but its just metal and paint and it doesn't need to be perfect.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Never heard of Oasis report. Had to google.

The owner gave me a run down of what he knew about the truck.

Came from Arizona to Canada around 2015. Owned by a friend of his. 4 years ago, he wrecked a 2009 King Ranch duallie and needed a truck right away to pull trailers. He bought this. It had a bullet proofed motor with a big turbo and performance goodies. Last summer he felt a vibration in the truck, he thought ujoint. Took it to a small Ford dealer he knew to have this looked at. Dealership belonged to a friend. They replaced balljoints, tierods, front ujoints and draglink. He got the truck back, noticed the vibration was still there. Made an appointment to take it back and have the oil changed. They fixed the vibration, hanger bearing. Truck was running a bit strange, hesitation, hard starting. Check the dipstick and it was dry. Called the dealer. The kid who does the oil changes only put 6 liters in it. Back to the dealer but the damage was done. Motor was junk.

He had it towed to a different shop that specialized in diesels. Plan was to put a Ford crate motor in but the shop said the old block was junk and core on the crate motor was $7200. He found a beater truck to pull the motor out of to use for the core but it ran so well they put it in this truck.  The shop went through this motor before it went in. Clean and tight. He says it runs great every since but its not the truck it was. He bought a Mercedes 4x4 1 ton van to replace it.

It needs emergency brakes, tires, cab corners are soft but should pass safety. Big rust spot over windshield which is my biggest worry but its just metal and paint and it doesn't need to be perfect.

Hope it works out for you.

:bc:

• Like 1