Check your account email address ×

Hot Wheels Turns 50: Here’s How Design Drives the Iconic Toys

Don't remember my first one, but my favorite one is a well loved yellow Lamborghini Diablo.  

hw_lambodiablo_1995a.jpg

The boy loves Hot Wheels too.  We are actually watching some Hot Wheels racing Youtube channel right now.  I told my wife we can stop the tests, he is my kid...

e0483566dd1a213e4f53317fd0960535.jpg

My cousin has every one .  All the tracks,  carrying  cases, garages, car washes in the boxes.  

Always impressed when people had the foresight to hold onto childhood toys. I destroyed everything!!

had a good buddy who made small fortune with his Star Wars collection. 

Had a ton of those things back in the day.  My old man used to take me to the store to get two ever Saturday morning when my chores were done.  I have no idea what ever happened to them all.  Don't know where any of my fucking Star Wars figures are either.  :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I remember my favorite but it may have been a Matchbox toy.   Was a ford baja truck with suspension.   I use to rough up my toys to make the look more beaten.   Use to take any dirtbike toy and cut the shocks off to look like the new mono suspension bikes just coming out.