Check your account email address ×

Taxes explained

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So does the new plan do away with personal exemptions all together? If so my taxes will go up several thousand dollars. That seems to be what I am reading

Just on the surface here are the quick numbers.

Current Filing jointly 12,700 and 3 exemptions 12,150 for a total of 24,850 deductions

New plan is 24,000 and that is it and I dont get to write off state and local so increase my taxable by about 7k or so

The new brackets leave me with about the same liability so if I am doing my quick math right I will be on the hook for about 2k more per year under the new tax plan

So here we are again .....middle class families getting their taxes raised and shouldering the burden. FUCK YOU REPUBLICANS

Do you pay more than $10K in personal property taxes?   Can only deduct up to that cap.   State taxes will no longer be deductible.   You cannot tell anything until the income limits on the brackets are released of which I don't believe they are.  

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , personal exemptions eliminated and no longer able to exempt state and local taxes

My taxes will go up under this plan and people who have 2 or 3 or more kids will see nice increase in taxes

You know who gets a huge taxbreak????? You guessed it....the hyper rich when they eliminate the estate tax. More wealth concentration and a tax increase for the middle class

Wow , those republicans sure do know how to fuck the US middle class over good

Not that I would have probably either way but when they pass this fucking pile of garbage I will never vote for another republican candidate again no matter who or where

In regards to taxes......tell the class how both sides are the same....and why are you surprised.....:snack:

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Do you pay more than $10K in personal property taxes?   Can only deduct up to that cap.   State taxes will no longer be deductible.   You cannot tell anything until the income limits on the brackets are released of which I don't believe they are.  

I dont itemize so that doesnt matter a bit to me. Why would I be discussing the standard deductions and personal exemptions if I itemized in the first place

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

In regards to taxes......tell the class how both sides are the same....and why are you surprised.....:snack:

Hey dumbfuck.......dems are all for raising every single fucking tax they can get their hands on.....you should be happy my taxes are going up you filthy fucking cockroach

So I guess in this instance they are the same.....fucking retard 

47 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So does the new plan do away with personal exemptions all together? If so my taxes will go up several thousand dollars. That seems to be what I am reading

Just on the surface here are the quick numbers.

Current Filing jointly 12,700 and 3 exemptions 12,150 for a total of 24,850 deductions

New plan is 24,000 and that is it and I dont get to write off state and local so increase my taxable by about 7k or so

The new brackets leave me with about the same liability so if I am doing my quick math right I will be on the hook for about 2k more per year under the new tax plan

So here we are again .....middle class families getting their taxes raised and shouldering the burden. FUCK YOU REPUBLICANS

Just now, f7ben said:

I dont itemize so that doesnt matter a bit to me. Why would I be discussing the standard deductions and personal exemptions if I itemized in the first place

Then why say the bold?  

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

If your generation paid for the shit you’re using those very programs would not be on the path to insolvency; eh?  So tell the class how you paid for them.....:snack:

same way you are paying for yours...you understand the numbers/line items on your pay stub, right? :snack:

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey dumbfuck.......dems are all for raising every single fucking tax they can get their hands on.....you should be happy my taxes are going up you filthy fucking cockroach

So I guess in this instance they are the same.....fucking retard 

But they are going to the 1% not middle class benefits.

Then why say the bold?  

State and Local income taxes are exempt regardless of whether you use the standard deduction or itemize. Have you never done taxes before????

Just now, f7ben said:

State and Local income taxes are exempt regardless of whether you use the standard deduction or itemize. Have you never done taxes before????

Holy fuck dude that's why I said there is a cap on what you can deduct in property taxes but its still there.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Holy fuck dude that's why I said there is a cap on what you can deduct in property taxes but its still there.   

Income taxes moron......property taxes are not available unless you fucking itemize.....holy fucking shit are you retarded

The new plan eliminated the exemption for state and local income taxes 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Income taxes moron......property taxes are not available unless you fucking itemize.....holy fucking shit are you retarded

The new plan eliminated the exemption for state and local income taxes 

I've itemized for over 15 years so I wouldn't know what the standard deductions allow.  :lol:     However it works out I hope you pay more taxes.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

So .7 Momo is bitching about the new tax plan that benefits the rich an R staple and not surprise  - and the D’s oppose it yet both sides are the same.... :lol: And .7 Momo - any tax increases proposed/supported by the D’s are not going to affect an hourly/low wage earner like you 👍

Just now, Highmark said:

I've itemized for over 15 years so I wouldn't know what the standard deductions allow.  :lol:     

:lol: copy , I figured that. Between my property taxes and mortgage interest etc I always come up just short of what the standard deductions have been so I just file 1040ez now

Either way ....I will pay more under this new plan and from what I can see so will most people making 100k and up

Just now, SnowRider said:

So .7 Momo is bitching about the new tax plan that benefits the rich an R staple and not surprise  - and the D’s oppose it yet both sides are the same.... :lol: And .7 Momo - any tax increases proposed/supported by the D’s are not going to affect an hourly/low wage earner like you 👍

God damn you are a fucking moron. The ACA was the single biggest fucking the middle class of this country ever took but you didnt care then :lol: 

what a brain dead motherfucker you are 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

God damn you are a fucking moron. The ACA was the single biggest fucking the middle class of this country ever took but you didnt care then :lol: 

what a brain dead motherfucker you are 

Taxes to the ACA :lmao: 

Just now, SnowRider said:

:lol: 

IRS penalty for no insurance to try and ensure that people participated ?????? That ring a bell you fucking moron

Now get over to the Brazile thread and just try to defend Hillary you fucking hack.....I cant wait to see this 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: copy , I figured that. Between my property taxes and mortgage interest etc I always come up just short of what the standard deductions have been so I just file 1040ez now

Either way ....I will pay more under this new plan and from what I can see so will most people making 100k and up

I don't think you can say that until you know where the brackets shake out.  

I don't think you can say that until you know where the brackets shake out.  

They announced the brackets today dude.....thats what all the fuss is about 

18 hours ago, f7ben said:

They announced the brackets today dude.....thats what all the fuss is about 

Take a chill pill Ben.   The first early articles I read yesterday did not contain them.