Check your account email address ×

Hunter S Thompson for POTUS post humous

f7ben

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Damn he really did get it right.

I guarantee he penned that minutes after the attacks.....the dude was a thinker and the realist and a tripper and a visionary and an anarchist and a poet

Not a lot of guys like him ever put the pen to paper 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I guarantee he penned that minutes after the attacks.....the dude was a thinker and the realist and a tripper and a visionary and an anarchist and a poet

Not a lot of guys like him ever put the pen to paper 

You scared a bunch of these guys when you posted the word "anarchist". :lol:

“Boom! Boom! Just like that. The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the United States or any other country.

“Make no mistake about it: We are At War now ― with somebody ― and we will stay At War with that mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives. It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides. It will be guerilla warfare on a global scale, with no front lines and no identifiable enemy.”

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

“Boom! Boom! Just like that. The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the United States or any other country.

“Make no mistake about it: We are At War now ― with somebody ― and we will stay At War with that mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives. It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides. It will be guerilla warfare on a global scale, with no front lines and no identifiable enemy.”

Could this be any more prophetic and accurate?

Could this be any more prophetic and accurate?

Look at whats happened to our rights since this event and tell me its not exactly what the spooks in this country wanted all along 

“Maybe Afghanistan, maybe Pakistan or Iraq, or possibly all three at once. Who knows? Not even the Generals in what remains of the Pentagon or the New York papers calling for WAR seem to know who did it or where to look for them.”

Bring em all home from the ME.   You cannot fight a religious ideology with guns and bombs.   It has to change from within and that's not going to happen.   Let them kill one another off but stop the spread of that disease from coming to our country.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Bring em all home from the ME.   You cannot fight a religious ideology with guns and bombs.   It has to change from within and that's not going to happen.   Let them kill one another off but stop the spread of that disease from coming to our country.  

:goodpost:

hunter was amazing. his best quote of all time. in fact, it might just be the most important quote of all time.  

"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness"

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

hunter was amazing. his best quote of all time. in fact, it might just be the most important quote of all time.  

"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness"

Fuck that is how I feel all the time now that my mind is clear of the fog of booze.

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Fuck that is how I feel all the time now that my mind is clear of the fog of booze.

this is where hunter beat us all. he had these insights while consuming enough reality enhancers to kill a normal man. his rate of consumption is the stuff legends are made of. 

• Thanks 1

No drama and maybe you'll understand someday when you're out of the fog.:thumb:

I dont drink much booz if any at all and I routinely go a week or more without drinking at all due to work. Aside from a bit of headache in the morning I see no difference.

Its not like you were pounding a fifth of scotch and a 12 pack every night.....fucking a dude

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont drink much booz if any at all and I routinely go a week or more without drinking at all due to work. Aside from a bit of headache in the morning I see no difference.

Its not like you were pounding a fifth of scotch and a 12 pack every night.....fucking a dude

OK...just telling you my experience with it...not the same for everybody I know.:thumb:

21 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

this is where hunter beat us all. he had these insights while consuming enough reality enhancers to kill a normal man. his rate of consumption is the stuff legends are made of. 

No doubt....the man was some sort of genetic freak in that regard.

32 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

OK...just telling you my experience with it...not the same for everybody I know.:thumb:

Well regardless I'm glad you feel good and are happy......I often wonder if I'll lose the desire to cop a buzz at some point in my life.

• Thanks 1