Check your account email address ×

Chevy garbage

f7ben

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

I think most of my issue with that iteration of GM and even the newer ones I have been in is the freaking retarded tranny calibration. It makes them seem so gutless.

prior oto 09 they were fine,  the 6 speed with the newer 5.3 has some fucked up programming i preferred my 99,00,01,02,03,04,05,07 to the 14 to be honest.  I'll look at an 8 speed one to see if that helps for the next one in a few years.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

prior oto 09 they were fine,  the 6 speed with the newer 5.3 has some fucked up programming i preferred my 99,00,01,02,03,04,05,07 to the 14 to be honest.  I'll look at an 8 speed one to see if that helps for the next one in a few years.  

Will the 1500s come with the chevy/ ford built 10 speeds?

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Will the 1500s come with the chevy/ ford built 10 speeds?

The 8 is part of that program if i recall correctly so they will have the option,  at some point they have to lose any benefit with the increased complexity.  

10 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I had an 01 2500HD and I recall some hesitation on that truck as well......it was totally evident that it was the transmission calibration 

20 hours ago, f7ben said:

2011 chevy cruze 1.4

My brother has been going through a quart of oil every 500 miles. No smoke , not leaking it. Today said car is running like shit. I took charge pipe off throttle body and its filled with oil. I assumed turbo oil seals shot but I started looking online and reading about pistons failing so before I took the turbo off to replace I checked compression. #1-2-3 cyls all at 180lbs .....#4 at 45 :lol: 

fucking GM garbage .......poor kid cant catch a break. I'm thinking about yanking the motor out of it , low mile long blocks are cheap and plenty.....did I say GM makes fucking junk???

His stabilitrac warning went off and put the car into limp mode while I was trying to put it in the garage :lol: and the thing has the most uncomfortable seats of any car since 1970

GM FUCKING JUNK

Slinger has one so...... :lol:

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

I had an 01 2500HD and I recall some hesitation on that truck as well......it was totally evident that it was the transmission calibration 

Thats a 6.0 motor...not the 5.3

5 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

Thats a 6.0 motor...not the 5.3

I know .....I owned it :lol: also it should be noted that I would buy another one.....over all that was a good truck aside from the MPG

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I know .....I owned it :lol: also it should be noted that I would buy another one.....over all that was a good truck aside from the MPG

You were coming across like it had the 5.3

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

what has tranny calibrations got to do with the 5.3 specifically ?????

You were bashing the motor....Jeff said 09s and under were ok and then you said you had an 01 that did it.

8 minutes ago, FAT DAVE said:

You were bashing the motor....Jeff said 09s and under were ok and then you said you had an 01 that did it.

I was bashing the tranny calibrations and had shifted well away from the motor......QUIT BEING A RETARD MOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

I was bashing the tranny calibrations and had shifted well away from the motor......QUIT BEING A RETARD MOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

that was a 4L65E not a 60 trans, prob with 4.10's-    i liked the 6.0 in my denali xl with the 4l60 and 3.73's.  i should have gotten that in my current silverado it may have been better.  i owned 11 of the gmt800's in assorted varieties 6 tahoes,  2 burbans 2 avalanches 1 Silverado HD(dmax/allison) then a pair of 07 GMT900's (burban and silverado).  of all of them the 03 XL was the best.  

1. Install EN-652 flywheel holder  (1) in order to fix the engine flywheel (2).

Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution.

1. Tighten the 6 engine flywheel bolts in a cross sequence a first pass to 60 Y (44 lb ft).
  1. Tighten the 6 engine flywheel bolts in a cross sequence a second pass to an additional 45°, using EN-470–B wrench .
  1. Tighten the 6 engine flywheel bolts in a cross sequence a final pass to an additional 15°, using EN-470–B wrench .
  1. Install clutch pressure and driven plate. Refer to Clutch Pressure and Driven Plate Replacement.
  1. Install transmission. Refer to Transmission Replacement.

:whistle:  I'll just leave this here.