Check your account email address ×

Ya Nuke power

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Georgia Power going after more rate payers money as they go broke from adding a reactor.  Another. Big rate increase coming to pay for this infeasible boondoggle.

https://georgiarecorder.com/2023/12/05/georgia-power-again-presses-case-for-customer-rate-hike-to-pay-for-bloated-plant-vogtle-expansion/

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Small localized nuclear reactors is the only way forward and the only reason they cost so much is because of retarded bureaucracy 

we fuck up the only real solution to energy production in favor of blowing tops off mountains for wind and covering vast areas that could be productive for solar.  SMH.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Small localized nuclear reactors is the only way forward and the only reason they cost so much is because of retarded bureaucracy 

Yeah but nuclear scary

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Yeah but nuclear scary

i live maybe 3 miles as the crow flies from one.  Was suppossed ot be 2 reactors.  got caught up in battles with the antinuke protestors for alwmost a decade before it got stated running and the second reactor never got built even though the infrastructure was there.  Fucking retarded.,  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i live maybe 3 miles as the crow flies from one.  Was suppossed ot be 2 reactors.  got caught up in battles with the antinuke protestors for alwmost a decade before it got stated running and the second reactor never got built even though the infrastructure was there.  Fucking retarded.,  

I lived in Fitzwilliam NH when seabrook went on line. I had people ask me what I thought about living in NH with a nuclear reactor in my state. They were obviously concerned for me. I told them I was more concerned with the 2 existing ones closer to me . Rowe Mass and Vernon VT. They looked at me in shock as they were real upset about Seabrook but never even knew the other 2 existed. People are funny.