Check your account email address ×

drill baby drill?

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.ft.com/content/3a1bbb09-863c-4c51-a8c0-31eac536b938

13.2 million barrels per day in September

anything to say Trumpkins?

It takes years for some of an admin's actions to see actual production/pricing impacts.   I can post many things Biden is doing that will eventually hurt production and pricing down the road. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/biden-cancels-last-oil-and-gas-leases-in-alaskas-arctic-refuge-overturns-sales-held-by-trump

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/us-plans-sharp-reduction-offshore-oil-gas-auctions-2023-09-29/

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-joe-biden-keystone-pipeline-canada-environment-and-nature-141eabd7cca6449dfbd2dab8165812f2

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just stop with the facts already would ya.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

now show the production increases during Trump's tenure due to the production during the Obama years.  I know a lot of folks who were working in the Dakota's during Obama's term and the beginning of the Trump term.

Trump likes taking credit for... well, you name it.

Screenshot_20231208-113714.png

3 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

Just stop with the facts already would ya.  :lol:

Lets be clear simple rhetoric out of an admin can shift markets.  How many times did we hear that from the left when Trump would say something like the fed should lower rates.      

• Thanks 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Lets be clear simple rhetoric out of an admin can shift markets.  How many times did we hear that from the left when Trump would say something like the fed should lower rates.      

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

now show the production increases during Trump's tenure due to the production during the Obama years.  I know a lot of folks who were working in the Dakota's during Obama's term and the beginning of the Trump term.

Trump likes taking credit for... well, you name it.

Screenshot_20231208-113714.png

Obama didn't even remotely try and destroy the domestic energy industry during his 2 terms that Biden is doing and often what an admin does can take a decade or longer.

There also is natural market forces that play a huge role in it.   Hell during the pandemic oil hit negative pricing.  

Dude you have to be smart enough to see which party is pushing for the elimination of fossil fuels and which isn't.   This is really a stupid thread all things considered.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Anything you can post on the positive things he's doing?

Why did you ever post positive things that Trump did?   

Biden did slightly change his stance on drilling once the Saudi's wouldn't help him out.  That positive enough for you. 

Edited by Highmark

like all the bullshit Trump posted on Twitter about oil while in office?  market manipulation? 

:pc:

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yet during your orange Gods term the only time gas prices were lower than 2016 was during the pandemic. 

There is zero incentive for US oil companies to over produce regardless of who is president, all that needs to happen is for OPEC to increase it's production and it kills US oil, they have seen this happen too many times.    

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

like all the bullshit Trump posted on Twitter about oil while in office?  market manipulation? 

:pc:

Sure dude.....that's why I said it.   FFS man. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Obama didn't even remotely try and destroy the domestic energy industry during his 2 terms that Biden is doing and often what an admin does can take a decade or longer.

There also is natural market forces that play a huge role in it.   Hell during the pandemic oil hit negative pricing.  

Dude you have to be smart enough to see which party is pushing for the elimination of fossil fuels and which isn't.   This is really a stupid thread all things considered.  

I trade oil... have for years.  haven't we been over this before? 

Long

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/UCO:NYSEARCA

Short

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/SCO:NYSEARCA

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yet during your orange Gods term the only time gas prices were lower than 2016 was during the pandemic. 

There is zero incentive for US oil companies to over produce regardless of who is president, all that needs to happen is for OPEC to increase it's production and it kills US oil, they have seen this happen too many times.    

Yes because we were in a strong economic expansion.   

I agree on the second thing you said.   Oil companies will always have market incentive on when to pump out more oil.   No different than almost ANY natural resource.  No different than much of the AG industry and farmers.   Corn hits $6.00 and the fuckers will till up their yards to gain an extra 1/2 acre.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why did you ever post positive things that Trump did?   

I wasn't on the site during his presidency. 

Biden did slightly change his stance on drilling once the Saudi's wouldn't help him out.  That positive enough for you. 

Yeah, I think that's nice. ;)

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I trade oil... have for years.  haven't we been over this before? 

Long

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/UCO:NYSEARCA

Short

https://www.google.com/finance/quote/SCO:NYSEARCA

You posting a couple oil ETF's makes you an expert?  :lol:  

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You posting a couple oil ETF's makes you an expert?  :lol:  

no, it's made me $ by constantly following the market.  those are 3X non-rookie trading tools. 

what's your expertise based upon, the price of gas at the pump?

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Yes because we were in a strong economic expansion.   

I agree on the second thing you said.   Oil companies will always have market incentive on when to pump out more oil.   No different than almost ANY natural resource.  No different than much of the AG industry and farmers.   Corn hits $6.00 and the fuckers will till up their yards to gain an extra 1/2 acre.  

Not any stronger than 2015, and the lowest it was under Trump was the same as then.   

And speaking of the price of corn, soybeans, ect. look what the tariffs did there, not to mention the bailout.