Check your account email address ×

The Mosquito Has New Owners

• Platinum Contributing Member

IMG_2097.thumb.jpeg.f88fb79c9fdb86d1fae74f7fb509eb27.jpegLook like a nice family and they ride.👊🏻

From FB

Hello Mosquito Lovers! 

My Name is Alicia & well as many of you know we have an accepted offer on the Mosquito and are in the final stages of all legal bs. With that being said I would like to introduce myself and my family to you! 

I have been coming to the UP for as long as I can remember to ride! We do a lot of back country riding… when I say we I mean me and my boyfriend @stevenshelly! We met in the UP both on two separate rides with friends and yes you can say it was love at first sight 👀! We left the UP and stayed in contact as I lived in Wisconsin and he lived down state we made the long distance thing work until he moved to WI late 2019! The UP holds a very special place in our hearts & is our favorite place to be. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate that then now OWNING the mosquito! 

We have 5 kids 3boys (Jack,Nolan & Wyatt) and 2girls (Gracie & Ava) you will see our kids in and around the bar as they will be helping out as best they can! The small ones not so much they are good for entertainment tho! We love the outdoors and plan to create a few rides for both seasons to help donate to the local clubs and foundations (super excited)! 

As we progress into the bar we have a little bit of demo and some updates to do before we can open. However we have lots of plans, bingo, game nights, bar Olympics, sports leagues, grand openings, new years, holidays you name it we will be doing it! Soo much fun to be had! 

We will have some new merch coming in the next few months as well! 

My main GOAL with this beautiful piece of HISTORY is to create a fun family oriented community for you to be able to share all the memories from the UP with your family & friends! 

Here is an archive of some fun memories for us! We plan to use this platform to inform you of all activities in the community and spread join!

IMG_2096.jpeg.be677629ee35f80a10fbf3f40e5e40cf.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

It’s still happening…just taking some time.👊🏻🇺🇸❄️

Good Morning, 

It has come to my attention that you all are wondering and asking questions about the BAR and what’s going on! 
We are still in the bank/financing stages and they need a lot I mean a lot of paperwork and to have an amazing business plan and team! We are also still working with LARA to have all paperwork they need to have the LIQUOR license! 

NO we do NOT have a closing date yet hopefully in the next week or two we will have more concrete information! I plan to be completely OPEN and HONEST with you all. 

PLEASE for the LOVE of all things CHRISTMAS 🎅🏼 if you have QUESTIONS or CONCERNS please address them towards ME Alicia Wachal I will be more than happy to speak to you personally! My employees do not need to be bothered at work, home or the store with your questions as they know about as much as you do! 

Thank You so much for your continued support! I created this page in preparation to open the mosquito 🦟 and get everyone as excited as I am! With that said I will continue to post funny things and BAR info as I know what’s going on! I promise good or bad to be transparent as possible! 

Xoxo 
Alicia 🖤

• Like 2