Check your account email address ×

*OFFICIAL* engine thread!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So by your reasoning you should be banned now too! STFU and go back to your bowl :chomp:

:lies: I never backed up the combustion hating faggot on a combustion loving theamed site you fucking ignoramus 

11 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

New motorhome that Ima be picking up in just over 48 hours.  On my way west I will stop by and say hello.  

And dump my black water tank in your drive way.............   :lol:  

30K gasser class A? Come on. What chassis? My FIL Pusher is barely that. And 40ft.

My old 38ft class A with v-10 was 22k. Got 5-9 mpg, with a fucking 4 sp trans. 

31 minutes ago, Legend said:

30K gasser class A? Come on. What chassis? My FIL Pusher is barely that. And 40ft.

My old 38ft class A with v-10 was 22k. Got 5-9 mpg, with a fucking 4 sp trans. 

2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J.  39', 8.1 Vortec, Allison 2100 6 speed, Dana 135 with 5.86 gears, Workhorse W-24 chassis.  24K GVWR, 30K GCWR. 

Just now, f7ben said:

damn that is nicey nice

Thanks, we are excited to get down and pick it up.  We leave AK tomorrow evening and head to Virginia to get it.  

The one we bought has 20,000 miles on it and about 4 options that the one in the link doesn't have.  The one we bought doesn't have Alcoa wheels but I bought new Alcoas for it and am stopping in Columbus to have them put on.  

We are parking it in my wifes brothers shop in Southern Illinois for the summer.  

22 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks, we are excited to get down and pick it up.  We leave AK tomorrow evening and head to Virginia to get it.  

The one we bought has 20,000 miles on it and about 4 options that the one in the link doesn't have.  The one we bought doesn't have Alcoa wheels but I bought new Alcoas for it and am stopping in Columbus to have them put on.  

We are parking it in my wifes brothers shop in Southern Illinois for the summer.  

I forgot how long are you gonna be down for???? I work this thursday through sunday and then am off monday tuesday and thursday next week

48 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J.  39', 8.1 Vortec, Allison 2100 6 speed, Dana 135 with 5.86 gears, Workhorse W-24 chassis.  24K GVWR, 30K GCWR. 

Ok, so the MH doesn't weigh 30K. Sure the GCWR is 30k. 

26 minutes ago, Dave said:

Real nice Tom...what kind of weight can it tow legally?

Thanks Dave.  It has a Class 4 hitch rated at 10k but can't tow nearly that much.  Completely empty but with all fluids, 90 gal of water, 80 gal of fuel, 30 gal of propane and 600lbs worth of passengers it weighs 22,100lbs.  Add 900lbs for groceries and gear and it brings you to 23,000 so that would leave 7000lbs as long as it wasn't over 1000lbs of tongue weight.  If the coach is loaded to the max GVWR of 24k then it can legally tow 6000lbs with 500lbs of tongue weight.  

Ability wise it will tow much more than 6000lbs.  My Alaska motorhome is a W22 chassis Winnebago with an 8.1 and Allison 5 speed and a Dana 130 with 5.69 gears and it has no problem what so ever pulling and stopping my jeep (7200 with trailer and firewood and gear) or my race trailer (8200 loaded with sleds, tools and race fuel).  Both of those trailers have 4 wheel brakes and are very well maintained.  But it's legal towing capacity is 5000lbs as calculated by the GCWR minus GVWR. 

13 minutes ago, Legend said:

btw, mine was an Adventurer as well. Obviously F-53 chassis.

Winnebago Adventurers from about 2005 to 2010/12 are very good motorhomes.  Even as old as 2002's are pretty darn good.   They can be found all over the country for very reasonable money.  The one we are picking up Thursday had an original sticker of $182,150.  We paid $59,995 in very good condition.  As part of the sale the seller (a dealer) put 6 brand new tires and 3 brand new batteries on it.  I bought new Alcoas for it because I have always wanted a set of Alcoas.  haha

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I forgot how long are you gonna be down for???? I work this thursday through sunday and then am off monday tuesday and thursday next week

We are spending about 5 days in DC then head east.  Stop in East Columbus for the new wheels on the 25th and then in Effingham IL by Friday the 26th.  I fly back to AK on the 30th.  Leaving out of Chicago to head home.   

54 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

What about the tube TV's you upgrading those??? What is the deal with the wheels?? I cant see that as being a priority what ever Alcoa wheels are??? :dunno: 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

We are spending about 5 days in DC then head east.  Stop in East Columbus for the new wheels on the 25th and then in Effingham IL by Friday the 26th.  I fly back to AK on the 30th.  Leaving out of Chicago to head home.   

damn , probably not gonna work out to catch you this time , when are you heading back down?

Just now, Momorider said:

What about the tube TV's you upgrading those??? What is the deal with the wheels?? I cant see that as being a priority what ever Alcoa wheels are??? :dunno: 

Tube tv's are making a comeback momo and the alcoa's are 26" wheels. Tom usually donk's his motorhomes out hard

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Tube tv's are making a comeback momo and the alcoa's are 26" wheels. Tom usually donk's his motorhomes out hard

Just now, f7ben said:

like this momo only with more bling

Image result for donked motorhome

looks like it has the drivetrane to back up those mudders :bc:  

looks like it has the drivetrane to back up those mudders :bc:  

I was looking at that closer , looks like a tank hauler or something with a coach on top :lol: pretty sweet 

The motorhome already has Flat panel LED TV's but they are 4-5 years old so the big one in the front will get replaced with a 50 series smart TV.  Probably no real weight difference between a new Smart TV and whats in the coach now.  

Alcoa wheels are just polished Aluminum Wheels.  30lbs lighter than the stock steel wheels but it's a bling thing.  I've always wanted a set of real Alcoas since I bought my first Dually in 1988.  The motorhome in the link Above has Alcoas on it.  

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The motorhome already has Flat panel LED TV's but they are 4-5 years old so the big one in the front will get replaced with a 50 series smart TV.  Probably no real weight difference between a new Smart TV and whats in the coach now.  

Alcoa wheels are just polished Aluminum Wheels.  30lbs lighter than the stock steel wheels but it's a bling thing.  I've always wanted a set of real Alcoas since I bought my first Dually in 1988.  The motorhome in the link Above has Alcoas on it.  

If they are that much lighter each might help the fuel economy I guess maybe pay for themselves in time, I always thought you were a function over form guy :dunno: 

20 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Winnebago Adventurers from about 2005 to 2010/12 are very good motorhomes.  Even as old as 2002's are pretty darn good.   They can be found all over the country for very reasonable money.  The one we are picking up Thursday had an original sticker of $182,150.  We paid $59,995 in very good condition.  As part of the sale the seller (a dealer) put 6 brand new tires and 3 brand new batteries on it.  I bought new Alcoas for it because I have always wanted a set of Alcoas.  haha

Nice.

Yeah our was a 2000. Bought it in 08 for $25k. Old guy and his wife drove in from WI to FL for the winters. He got to old to keep driving it. Had 49K miles on it. We bought it with the intention of traveling around going UTVing. Then we started having kids in 2011. Put the MH on a seasonal site in northern WI. And it sat there for a few years. We bought a new destination/travel trailer last spring and parked it up north. Sold the MH to a friend that has an outfitter deal in northern Ontario. He uses it to travel around to all the sports shows. He spend like 10K on the wrap. I'll see if I can find a pic. 

17834145_1887881878096942_8924237103028212845_o.jpg

17546769_1888359248049205_1612614962567916165_o.jpg

Edited by Legend

49 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Thanks Dave.  It has a Class 4 hitch rated at 10k but can't tow nearly that much.  Completely empty but with all fluids, 90 gal of water, 80 gal of fuel, 30 gal of propane and 600lbs worth of passengers it weighs 22,100lbs.  Add 900lbs for groceries and gear and it brings you to 23,000 so that would leave 7000lbs as long as it wasn't over 1000lbs of tongue weight.  If the coach is loaded to the max GVWR of 24k then it can legally tow 6000lbs with 500lbs of tongue weight.  

Ability wise it will tow much more than 6000lbs.  My Alaska motorhome is a W22 chassis Winnebago with an 8.1 and Allison 5 speed and a Dana 130 with 5.69 gears and it has no problem what so ever pulling and stopping my jeep (7200 with trailer and firewood and gear) or my race trailer (8200 loaded with sleds, tools and race fuel).  Both of those trailers have 4 wheel brakes and are very well maintained.  But it's legal towing capacity is 5000lbs as calculated by the GCWR minus GVWR. 

Thanks for the detailed info....The wife and I are kicking around the idea of a motorhome instead of another toyhauler...The toyhauler we bought last yr got written off because of rodent infestation while in storage....im thinking we would almost need a coach to be able to pull the kind of weight we would be looking at. :bc: