Check your account email address ×

A couple freedomsledder OGs lives have changed

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

John and Drew have been nothing but kind to myself and many others on the forums. My heart aches for them. I never met Monica but I wish I had. RIP

Absolutely! Many of the newer members don't know about John hosting Jamstock a few times at his cabin in WI. He hosted FS members from across the snowbelt. They are good folks and my heart aches for them as well.  :sad:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ckf said:

Absolutely! Many of the newer members don't know about John hosting Jamstock a few times at his cabin in WI. He hosted FS members from across the snowbelt. They are good folks and my heart aches for them as well.  :sad:

In 2015, I was already planning on going to the PGA Championship at Whistling Straits and then camping for a few days around Wisconsin before Jamstock. John called me up and said come early and stay at the cabin before Jamstock. He wouldn’t take no for an answer. We went fishing for a couple days, played pool, hung out. Just great times. Their family is absolutely “salt of the earth”. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Now I feel bad I usually talk with John on the phone once a year or so but I had no idea his wife was sick.

I believe she was diagnosed with heart failure quite a few years ago and had been managing it as well as she could. From what I gathered they always knew it was bad but this was a bit more sudden than what I had in my mind for whatever reason. I certainly wasn’t in the loop. I saw John last spring for lunch and he didn’t let on that anything had progressed.