Check your account email address ×

Bye, bye EV's?

• Gold Member
45 minutes ago, Matt said:

I have zero interest in sitting with my thumb up my ass for 45 mins when I could be rolling. That lost time would infuriate me. 

Never needed to sit and wait 45 minutes enroute on 400 mile trip maybe 15-20 minutes at most.

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Never needed to sit and wait 45 minutes enroute on 400 mile trip maybe 15-20 minutes at most.

Who the fuck has time on a busy schedule for a car to charge, just dumb 

what’s even dumber is these liberals think they are saving the planet buy buying and driving this shit 

Edited by toslow
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, toslow said:

Who the fuck has time on a busy schedule for a car to charge, just dumb 

I spend around the same time charging then people would spend filling up gas cause much of my charging is done at home or destination and while sleeping.  Plus 45k miles no time wasted going in for service such as oil changes.  

For example just this week I went filled up the wife’s car.  She didn’t have time to stop and fill it up on her way home from work and had wedding stuff for a friend to attend to.   5 minutes to the gas station 5 minutes fill and 5 minutes back.  Takes like 10 seconds to plug a car in at my home or destination with maybe 15 minutes or so enroute on a road trip for charging.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I spend around the same time charging then people would spend filling up gas.  Plus 45k miles no time wasted going in for service such as oil changes.  

For example just this week I went and filled up her car.  5 minutes to the gas station 5 minutes fill and 5 minutes back.  Takes like 10 seconds to plug a car in at home or destination.

Must run a long extension cord, didn’t you say you were road tripping, you’re so eager to defend your purchase that you forgot your talking points 

Edited by toslow

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, toslow said:

Must run a long extension cord, didn’t you say you were road tripping, you’re so eager to defend your purchase that you forgot your talking points 

Why would I need an extension cord?  Why not use chargers at that hotels have installed for guests?

14 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Why would I need an extension cord?  Why not use chargers at that hotels have installed for guests?

What’s the charge cost at a hotel 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, toslow said:

What’s the charge cost at a hotel 

Free at most that offer charging for guest.  I have yet to pay at lodging accomdations on road trips. Tesla destination chargers they are not allowed to charge for use unless they install 6 or more.  Tesla gives businesses the chargers for free.

• Gold Member

In 2020, Electrek reported that  Tesla upgraded Destination Chargers with Gen 3 Wall Connectors, and the automaker told property owners that it would enable paid charging with this new generation charger.

For the most part, Tesla’s Destination Charging locations have been free with the only requirement at some places being that you be a customer of the business where it’s located – for example, if you use at a hotel’s Destination Charger, some locations require that you are staying at the hotel.

The cost of electricity from the chargers would be covered by the business.

But with this new Wi-Fi-connected Wall Connector, Tesla said it would enable businesses to charge for the use with the seamless experience Tesla’s charging networks are known for. 

Tesla has now updated its Commercial Registration for Wall Connectors form to include the provision for paid charging, but the automaker confirmed that it will only let property managers with six or more Wall Connectors to activate the feature:

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, toslow said:

Hey if it works for you👍, just not something I’m interested in

I’m just saying I spend no extra time on road trips or local commuting. You are likely going to need to fill with gas before you leave on a road trip, at your destination maybe a time or 2 before returning from your destination depending how long you are at your destination and how much you drive and likely some point when you get home.  

Where it might take a few extra minutes on a long drive you save time at your destination and at home.  Also not having to have regular scheduled services like oil changes done it is a huge time saver in that aspect if time is a priority of an individual.

• Haha 1

Im Just used to travelling up to 11 to 1200 a day and only losing maybe 10 minutes of travel time. You know only need to fill up once in that distance in today’s new ice cars.

hell if I had to stop two or three times to charge up at how much of a cost and how long of a time, sure seems like one hella inconvenience to me, 

so if we are really talking about time of an importance. Yeah i think id still stick with my gasser as it beats your ev hands down 

Edited by toslow

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, toslow said:

Im Just used to travelling up to 11 to 1200 a day and only losing maybe 10 minutes of travel time. You know only need to fill up once in that distance in today’s new ice cars.

hell if I had to stop two or three times to charge up at how much of a cost and how long of a time, sure seems like one hella inconvenience to me 

Since your Canadian you must be talking kilometers.  You would spend some time in an EV on that range for charging.  I know I’m stopping to piss a few times on that trip and likely grabbing coffee and some eats during that journey.  My stop in a gas car would be likely a fair bit more then just 10 minutes in a gas powered vehicle.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, toslow said:

Now you’re just reaching, 

Driving 1100-1200 km with one 10 minute stop???  That is reaching and if you are that is pretty unhealthy to not at least urinating a few times during that time frame and grabbing a bite.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, toslow said:

Now you’re just reaching, 

He is. My son has a Tesla. I laugh at the bs Bullshitca spews. My son says there's so many variables that make your range go down very fast. I've been texting him the bs just in this thread. 🤣 

• Haha 1

He bought a Tesla and i think he now regrets, so instead of losing money to get rid of it he tells lies to try and justify his shitty purchase 

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

He is. My son has a Tesla. I laugh at the bs Bullshitca spews. My son says there's so many variables that make your range go down very fast. I've been texting him the bs just in this thread. 🤣 

Here is my last 2 weeks of road tripping, trip B.  Charge stats and comsumption and cost.  I don’t think your son is all that familiar with road tripping a Tesla and is likely one of the ones that will charge at a super charger for 45 minutes to get to 90%+

IMG_2995.thumb.png.a5ebbb38b2b898df43a171cd84de976a.pngIMG_2994.thumb.jpeg.ddf5b13efbed9b407171bad0c699b07b.jpeg

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, toslow said:

He bought a Tesla and i think he now regrets, so instead of losing money to get rid of it he tells lies to try and justify his shitty purchase 

My son likes his for short trips. They tried a trip to Maine recently and it was a pain. They had to go out of the way to get charging. Couldn't stay where they wanted to stay.(no charging) They take the truck if they go long distances.

• Like 1

What are they comparing that gas savings to? For 230 bucks i can drive over three times the distance you went 

for what looks like 78 that you spent, my micra can travel further than your ev 

and i don’t have to stop four times to charge 

Edited by toslow
  • Like 1

The best is in the winter. Use the heated seats? Lose range. Use the heated steering wheel, lose range. Need heat, lose range.

Stronge head wind, lose lots of range. Like to go real fast on the highway, lose lots of range.

8 minutes ago, toslow said:

What are they comparing that gas savings to? For 230 bucks i can drive over three times the distance you went 

And looking at it again it says 300 bucks, shit that would take my micra pretty much across canada 

image.jpeg.ba4982e27e1338c3902c9a13486e6257.jpeg

Edited by toslow

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, toslow said:

31 days.  727 kwhs.  Using 270 wh/mi that is about 3.7 miles per kWh..  727x3.7 is 2692 miles the last 31 days.  Call it 2700 miles on $78….  Feasible Micra?