Check your account email address ×

Tesla plaid track pack is one of the few modern supercar marvels

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, BOHICA said:

Yes I did….  Where did they run out of charge in 15 minutes?

They guy driving said it would run out of charge in 15 minutes doing those high speeds. 

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

They guy driving said it would run out of charge in 15 minutes doing those high speeds. 

Running flat out on the autobahn right?  Or tracking it?

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Running flat out on the autobahn right?  Or tracking it?

Having to pullover every 15 minutes for a full charge on the Autobahn sounds wonderful!

So when you take charging into account you would be lucky to go 50 miles on the Autobahn before you'd have to stop for a charge. Is there a charging station every 50 of the 8000 miles on the Autobahn?

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Not much different than other high performance cars running full out…..

https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2014/07/16/2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-will-hit-199-mph-burn-1-5-gal/

You can fill up and go again right away, so I'd say it's a huge difference.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You can fill up and go again right away, so I'd say it's a huge difference.

Maybe.  What if you run out after 40 miles a hellcat is capable of going full out.  Depending on the spacing of petro stations they may not be spaced out perfectly on the 800 mile autobahn to let you go near full range before having to fill.  You might have to be filling at 25 miles on a hellcat

but enough of the retarded talking points of range in 200 mph plus supercars.  

That tesla is very impressive when all out, and extremely composed when just driving normal according to top gear.  Rare for a car to be 200 mph plus very composed vehicle vehicle and still be lives liveable for long road trips of normal driving speeds. 

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Maybe.  What if you run out after 40 miles a hellcat is capable of going full out.  Depending on the spacing of petro stations they may not be spaced out perfectly on the 800 mile autobahn to let you go near full range before having to fill.  You might have to be filling at 25 miles on a hellcat

but enough of the retarded talking points of range in 200 mph plus supercars.  

That tesla is very impressive when all out, and extremely composed when just driving normal according to top gear.  Rare for a car to be 200 mph plus very composed vehicle vehicle and still be lives liveable for long road trips of normal driving speeds. 

Long road trips! :lol:

You have to plan your trip around charging. No thanks.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Long road trips! :lol:

You have to plan your trip around charging. No thanks.

Yes you will need to stop and fill up as needed like any other vehicle.  Duh!  The AI system in the tesla will tell you when to stop.  Doesn’t really take much at all planning.  The planning part is just inputting your final destination into the navigation system and the car does the planning for you.

Edited by BOHICA

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yes you will need to stop and fill up as needed like any other vehicle.  Duh!  The AI system in the tesla will tell you when to stop.  Doesn’t really take much at all planning.  The planning part is just inputting your final destination into the navigation system and the car does the planning for you.

So you have to go where the car tells you. Sounds great! I'll pass. Good for around town. Nothing more.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

So you have to go where the car tells you. Sounds great! I'll pass. Good for around town. Nothing more.

In you opinion.  Understand how retards couldn’t figure it out on how to put stuff in navigation though.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

In you opinion.  Understand how retards couldn’t figure it out on how to put stuff in navigation though.

I have a 100 gallon slip tank I put in my truck for long trips. Where do I carry extra electricity in my Tesla?

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

First you have to allow the batteries to cool down. :lol: 

Oh really? Didn't think about that. I guess they wouldn't take a good charge being really hot.

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I have a 100 gallon slip tank I put in my truck for long trips. Where do I carry extra electricity in my Tesla?

No need to carry extra electricity.  Just charge when you need.   Super Simple.  Navigation tells you when and where.

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

No need to carry extra electricity.  Just charge when you need.   Super Simple.  Navigation tells you when and where.

It's not simple.  What if you want to go somewhere remote in Alaska or in Canada. That's right. You can't go.

32 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

How does this work? Does it tie into the tank or have to pump it?

Just now, akvanden said:

How does this work? Does it tie into the tank or have to pump it?

I just pump it. You can tie them in, but I take it out when not towing my rig.

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

It's not simple.  What if you want to go somewhere remote in Alaska or in Canada. That's right. You can't go.

Grid is slowly expanding north.  But in the lower 48 the charging network and electricity availability is pretty extensive.  But like typical  hypothetical arguments I doubt many supercars capable vehicles are going all that remote.  There are places that Hellcats can’t really make it in Canada or Alaska comfortably with out planning