Check your account email address ×

Karahan Tepe and gobekli Tepe. Remnants of ancient super civilizations

Rod

The dates of organized civilizations just keep getting pushed back further and further. These sites date back to 11,000 to even 12,000 years ago. Back when the younger dryas ice age seemed to end 

very little is known about these cultures but it appears like these megalithic sites were intentionally buried for some reason 

31 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Silurian Hypothesis  :bc:

That’s a fun theory but no evidence. I’d say the younger dryas at minimum severely slowed the development of civilization but then also fast forward it because the few people that were left were probably incredibly smart and industrial 

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, ACE said:

That’s a fun theory but no evidence. I’d say the younger dryas at minimum severely slowed the development of civilization but then also fast forward it because the few people that were left were probably incredibly smart and industrial 

Yeah as I understand it, its a catch 22. In order for it to be true there cant be evidence because the earth process' eradicated all the evidence. Or something like that anyway.  I still think its a pretty cool idea.  :bc:

11 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah as I understand it, its a catch 22. In order for it to be true there cant be evidence because the earth process' eradicated all the evidence. Or something like that anyway.  I still think its a pretty cool idea.  :bc:

It is a cool idea. The idea is between both the ice sheets and potentially the theoretical meteor impacts of about 12,000 years ago could have wiped out a lot of stuff. It doesn’t mean it happened for sure but I think at minimum it delayed society. But one thing is for sure. As soon as the planet warmed, organized society exploded. 

• Like 1