Check your account email address ×

Wooly mammoths are coming back.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Wonder what really killed off so much life around 12,000 years ago. 

Some seem to think that it was over hunting by humans that did in the mammoths. As for the cataclysmic event that occurred, good question. Possibly a chain of events that are interrelated. Imagine the entire human race being whittled down to 4000 individuals? The dating scene wouldn’t be good. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Some seem to think that it was over hunting by humans that did in the mammoths. As for the cataclysmic event that occurred, good question. Possibly a chain of events that are interrelated. Imagine the entire human race being whittled down to 4000 individuals? The dating scene wouldn’t be good. 

I thought the over hunting thing was sort of discredited. The North American Clovis culture disappeared around the same time as a lot of the mega fauna. Not sure there was even enough people to wipe out so many animals 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

I thought the over hunting thing was sort of discredited. The North American Clovis culture disappeared around the same time as a lot of the mega fauna. Not sure there was even enough people to wipe out so many animals 

Interesting. I kinda wondered about that theory. After all, elephants have survived through hunting from humans. 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Interesting. I kinda wondered about that theory. After all, elephants have survived through hunting from humans. 

Yes they did and there were a lot more humans in that area. The younger dryas impact theory has some merit. It’s not fully proven yet but there’s evidence of it