Check your account email address ×

More Trump Victims Surface As Condo Scam Is Revealed, Millions Lost As He Profited

More Trump Victims Surface As Condo Scam Is Revealed, Millions Lost As He Profited

By Oliver Willis on June 28, 2016 9:20 pm ·

Donald Trump has a pattern of business behavior that he has repeated several times over his career when he isn’t on a reality show pretending to be a billionaire genius. A loud, splashy launch of a project followed by a high pressure sales job that dazzles prospective customers, followed by mismanagement and poor business decisions that result in a failed business but somehow Trump makes money for himself.

The pattern has repeated itself with Trump University, Trump Steaks, Trump Magazine, and now the Los Angeles Times has revealed the seedy underbelly of Trump Ocean Resort, a condo community that was supposed to be built in Baja with homes overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Guess what happened next?

In the end, nothing at all was built at Trump Ocean Resort, and Simms lost her money. As did about 250 other buyers, most of them from Southern California.

All told, two years of aggressive marketing yielded $32.5 million in buyer deposits, every bit of it spent by the time Trump and his partners abandoned the project in early 2009 as the global economy was reeling. Most of the buyers sued them for fraud.

In this case, Trump did what he has often done in real estate deals – licensed his name to a third party developer, but not actually do the building himself. Trump has often portrayed these properties he really had nothing to do with as part of his real estate “empire,” and the media has gone along with the fairy tale.

The people who lost money in these condos say that is what happened here, and that Trump’s children – Donald Jr. and Ivanka – were part of a ruse to make it seem as if Trump was one of the main developers instead of just a name attached like a cheap sticker.

“We are developing a world-class resort befitting of the Trump brand,” Ivanka Trump said in a video on the Trump Baja website. “I’m very excited about it. I actually chose to buy a unit in the first tower.”

Her father appeared in the same video saying he was proud “that when I build, I have investors that follow me all over.”

The sales team even told prospective buyers that Trump himself had purchased a condo in the development, but he actually never did. Trump even signed a letter given to prospective customers identifying himself as one of the builders – but he wasn’t.

The company doing the actual building, after months of inactivity on the construction site, eventually sent a letter to people who had bought in telling them that they would not be able to proceed with construction due to a lack of money and the economic turndown in 2008-9. They also said they wouldn’t be providing refunds of the millions of dollars they had taken.

The Trumps did get $500,000 in licensing fees for their involvement in the scheme. Another pump and dump Trump mission completed.

WHAT A FUCKIN GUY....

http://addictinginfo.org/2016/06/28/more-trump-victims-surface-as-condo-scam-is-revealed-millions-lost-as-he-profited-video/

1 hour ago, Sludgey said:

And hillary murders Americans.

did trump do anything illegal like hillary or was he just playing by the rules set forth in front of him...?

He is a failure, crook, thief and fraud.

5 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

And hillary murders Americans.

did trump do anything illegal like hillary or was he just playing by the rules set forth in front of him...?

MaineCUNT proving he knows nothing about business and bankruptcy law again :flush:

When it comes to Donald Trump, trust these bookies over pundits

June 5, 2016 | 11:43pm

“Oddsmakers are much smarter than TV chatter pundits, as it’s in their self-interest to be — unlike the TV and print pundits. Oddsmakers have to be right or they’re out of business,” he said.

Trump started out as a 100-to-1 shot days after referring to Mexicans as criminals and rapists on June 16, according to data from Ladbrokes and Bettingexpert.com.

By the time he mocked John McCain’s POW status and heroism on July 18, he was down to 50 to 1.

Then, after insulting Megyn Kelly during the Aug. 6 GOP debate, he improved to 20 to 1.

By Dec. 7, when he called for a ban on Muslim immigration, the odds were 6 to 1 — and he’s currently at 2 to 1.

Larry Sabato, a political science professor at the University of Virginia, said Trump benefits from all the attention — and that his voters don’t care when he spouts off.

“Trump has gained after gaffes because, even with a controversy, he has seized center stage,” he told The Post.

“All of the supposed gaffes made by Trump jacked up the amount of news coverage Trump got and perhaps that led to more people betting on him and the odds getting shorter,” agreed Seton Hall University political science prof Matt Hale.

http://nypost.com/2016/06/05/when-it-comes-to-donald-trump-trust-these-bookies-over-pundits/

Edited by Capt.Storm

Obviously it frustrates people who are going to vote for whomever is their given parties choice as a nominee. When you have no choice but to support a fraud, which it looks will be the case for all of us, you realize you are in fact not even living in a democracy.

1 minute ago, Boered said:

Obviously it frustrates people who are going to vote for whomever is their given parties choice as a nominee. When you have no choice but to support a fraud, which it looks will be the case for all of us, you realize you are in fact not even living in a democracy.

I see the drugs you were on last night still have not wore off.

14 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

I see the drugs you were on last night still have not wore off.

Critical thinking skills in just a small dose are requisite to see the truth of our political situation. It would seem you are lacking in that department and blindly follow the party. This is also known as being brainwashed.

10 minutes ago, Boered said:

Critical thinking skills in just a small dose are requisite to see the truth of our political situation. It would seem you are lacking in that department and blindly follow the party. This is also known as being brainwashed.

WTF..you said we don't have a democracy and yet you think I'm bat chit crazy?:lol2: 

Just now, Capt.Storm said:

WTF..you said we don't have a democracy and yet you think I'm bat chit crazy?:lol2: 

I do not think you are crazy, I do think you are of a lower level of intelligence and thereby unable to comprehend what is really happening.

Just now, Boered said:

I do not think you are crazy, I do think you are of a lower level of intelligence and thereby unable to comprehend what is really happening.

Are we living in a dictatorship ?

Don't say shit that isn't true and then try to play mind games.

Rookie that you are my friend.