Check your account email address ×

44-42

Poll: Biden disapproval hits new high as more Americans say they would vote for Trump

Andrew Romano
Andrew Romano
·West Coast Correspondent
Fri, June 17, 2022, 4:00 AM

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Donald Trump
    Donald Trump
    45th President of the United States
  • Joe Biden
    Joe Biden
    46th and current president of the United States

As inflation keeps rising and recession fears loom, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that Joe Biden is currently in the worst shape of his presidency.

The survey of 1,541 U.S. adults, which was conducted from June 10-13, found that if another presidential election were held today, more registered voters say they would cast ballots for Donald Trump (44%) than for Biden (42%) — even though the House Jan. 6 committee has spent the last week linking Trump to what it called a “seditious conspiracy” to overturn the 2020 election and laying the groundwork for possible criminal prosecution.

Joe Biden

President Biden outside the White House on Tuesday. (Stefani Reynolds/AFP via Getty Images)

Since Biden took office, no previous Yahoo News/YouGov poll has shown him trailing Trump (though Biden’s most recent leads have been within the margin of error, like this one is for Trump). One year ago, Biden led Trump by 9 percentage points. In 2020, Biden won the White House by more than 7 million votes.

Yet Biden’s job approval rating has been atrophying for much of the last year, and the new survey shows that it has never been weaker. A full 56% of Americans now disapprove of the president’s performance — the highest share to date — while just 39% approve. Three weeks ago, those numbers were 53% and 42%, respectively.

On average, Biden’s job approval scores are now a few points worse than Trump’s were at the parallel stage of his presidency.

Among all Americans, Trump (43%) now has a higher personal favorability rating than Biden (40%) as well. Meanwhile, nearly two-thirds of independents (64%) have an unfavorable opinion of Biden, and just 28% say they would vote for him over Trump.

The bad news for Biden comes as prices continue to increase at the fastest pace in 40 years, upending expectations and overshadowing other concerns. According to the poll, 40% of registered voters (up from 33% last month) now say inflation is “the most important issue to you when thinking about this year’s election” — more than four times the number for any other issue.

Donald Trump

Former President Donald Trump in Casper, Wyo., last month. (Chet Strange/Getty Images)

Politically, this is crippling for Biden. A full 61% of voters disapprove of the president’s handling of the economy (up 58% last month), and Republicans now hold a 15-point advantage among voters on the question of which party would do a better job handling the economy (up from 11 points last month).

In recent days, a series of stories questioning whether Biden will run for reelection in 2024 — and quoting concerned Democratic sources — have surfaced in the press. The concern isn’t limited to party officials. Just 21% of Americans — down from 25% three weeks ago, and the lowest number to date — say Biden should run again. But perhaps more strikingly, a greater share of 2020 Biden voters now say he shouldn’t run again (40%) than say he should (37%). Last month, those numbers were reversed.

In contrast, a clear majority of Trump voters (57%) say Trump should mount another bid. Just 21% say he shouldn’t. And while 57% of independents say Trump shouldn’t try to make a comeback in 2024, far more — a full 76% — say the same about Biden.

21 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

The incompetence and arrogance of this administration is astonishing, there's going to be a Blue Moron slaughter come this November.

It looked as though it was nearly impossible to be as pathetic and damaging as the previous admin. The Biden retards have blown that premise out of the water. They are so fucking disgusting it has to be intentional. This level of ineptitude doesn’t exist. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It looked as though it was nearly impossible to be as pathetic and damaging as the previous admin. The Biden retards have blown that premise out of the water. They are so fucking disgusting it has to be intentional. This level of ineptitude doesn’t exist. 

The only things that were damaged during the last administration was yours and democrats feelings.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

The only things that were damaged during the last administration was yours and democrats feelings.

Ah no retard....Trump spent us into oblivion. Worst peace time spender in history. Get it though your thick retarded skull. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, f7ben said:

Ah no retard....Trump spent us into oblivion. Worst peace time spender in history. Get it though your thick retarded skull. 

Have to spend money to make money. 

• USA Contributing Member

I can't picture either of these 2 running and winning in 2024.  I can't see Biden even making it to the end of his current term.  This is the best we have?  Not even at the presidential level but all the way down the positions are filled with shit.

Biden, Harris, Pelosi.....   Are you kidding me?

Throw this diversity shit out, focus on quality, smart, and QUALIFIED people.  I don't care if the president is black, white, LGBQTVWXYZ... I want someone that is in it for the country.

We are the laughingstock of the world.   

4 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

I can't picture either of these 2 running and winning in 2024.  I can't see Biden even making it to the end of his current term.  This is the best we have?  Not even at the presidential level but all the way down the positions are filled with shit.

Biden, Harris, Pelosi.....   Are you kidding me?

Throw this diversity shit out, focus on quality, smart, and QUALIFIED people.  I don't care if the president is black, white, LGBQTVWXYZ... I want someone that is in it for the country.

This is all by design 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, f7ben said:

And yet pelosi and the dems wanted more.....but you blame it on trump like a good little sheep.

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And yet pelosi and the dems wanted more.....but you blame it on trump like a good little sheep.

No , Trump wanted more. He wanted more than Pelosi and Biden even wanted. Should we examine what Trump begged for in the last covid bill and he wanted double what the Dems got for infrastructure. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No , Trump wanted more. He wanted more than Pelosi and Biden even wanted. Should we examine what Trump begged for in the last covid bill and he wanted double what the Dems got for infrastructure. 

Oh boy.  I am not getting in this stupid game with you.  Go look it up and show me the fucking facts you believe.  Then maybe we can have a discussion.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh boy.  I am not getting in this stupid game with you.  Go look it up and show me the fucking facts you believe.  Then maybe we can have a discussion.

Look you stupid motherfucker. Trumps own fucking words. He wanted way way more than what he got in the last covid bill. He wanted 2.3 trillion. He also wanted a massive massive infrastructure bill. 

You are either a complete fucking brain dead retard or a liar. I’m thinking both.

Edited by f7ben

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Look you stupid motherfucker. Trumps own fucking words. He wanted way way more than what he got in the last covid bill. He wanted 2.3 trillion. He also wanted a massive massive infrastructure bill. 

You are either a complete fucking brain dead retard or a liar. I’m thinking both.

Maybe you should start another stupid thread about how trump wanted more spending....oh wait, you did.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Maybe you should start another stupid thread about how trump wanted more spending....oh wait, you did.

Maybe you should claim he didn’t and get owned again you brain dead cunt. You are without a doubt the dumbest piece of shit I’ve ever encountered. 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Maybe you should claim he didn’t and get owned again you brain dead cunt. You are without a doubt the dumbest piece of shit I’ve ever encountered. 

Well, this "dumbest pos" just proved you incorrect again.

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Don't worry Trudeau is doing his best to knock you guys out of #1