Check your account email address ×

Gaylord Nailed By Tornado

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The storm that hit here in Ontario is being called a Derecho that left a 1000km path of destruction and fatalities. I've never heard that term before and the tornado that went by close to us a few years ago didn't do anywhere near that much damage.

I had to look it up,,,serious shit. 1000km damn that's awful.

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The storm that hit here in Ontario is being called a Derecho that left a 1000km path of destruction and fatalities. I've never heard that term before and the tornado that went by close to us a few years ago didn't do anywhere near that much damage.

I didn't see anything that looked like these pics, but I was rushing as fast as I could to finish getting the grass cut too. While doing the front yard, I knew something wicked was coming as I honestly don't think I've seen a more black looking sky in my life. As soon as I finished, that is when the lady across the street was warning me about the tornado coming. The wind was howling so bad at that time I had to run closer to her so I could hear her. As soon as I got back into the garage, it hit with a wallop. The hail was hitting the windows so bad, I thought they were going to break. :yikes:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA925CA925&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Derecho&fir=4lAA4RAmalaZwM%2COTkhE8qIr6B8AM%2C_%3BG3_mqWlO81pmwM%2COCcGEeuoVxKDjM%2C_%3Bgq7USGfQODAIBM%2CDzcs9OwItvt4MM%2C_%3BLk8uGIrURrbNNM%2CsaqO0FfQ5wSOrM%2C_%3BsiZI_6YlZ2E6nM%2CTgjhgJA2i1q15M%2C_%3BZe_TdtOG3By4AM%2CmGJE7sLMoDe_dM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kQ_rSI8l4FtKYyaku2YLUykO-VQgw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwil1fOLzfP3AhUQUM0KHSEmA34QiR56BAhcEAI&biw=1280&bih=609&dpr=1.5 

Edited by irv

20 minutes ago, irv said:

I didn't see anything that looked like these pics, but I was rushing as fast as I could to finish getting the grass cut too. While doing the front yard, I knew something wicked was coming as I honestly don't think I've seen a more black looking sky in my life. As soon as I finished, that is when the lady across the street was warning me about the tornado coming. The wind was howling so bad at that time I had to run closer to her so I could hear her. As soon as I got back into the garage, it hit with a wallop. The hail was hitting the windows so bad, I thought they were going to break. :yikes:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA925CA925&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Derecho&fir=4lAA4RAmalaZwM%2COTkhE8qIr6B8AM%2C_%3BG3_mqWlO81pmwM%2COCcGEeuoVxKDjM%2C_%3Bgq7USGfQODAIBM%2CDzcs9OwItvt4MM%2C_%3BLk8uGIrURrbNNM%2CsaqO0FfQ5wSOrM%2C_%3BsiZI_6YlZ2E6nM%2CTgjhgJA2i1q15M%2C_%3BZe_TdtOG3By4AM%2CmGJE7sLMoDe_dM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kQ_rSI8l4FtKYyaku2YLUykO-VQgw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwil1fOLzfP3AhUQUM0KHSEmA34QiR56BAhcEAI&biw=1280&bih=609&dpr=1.5 

If I see anything like those pics I'd crawl in the basement of an outhouse if I had to.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

If I see anything like those pics I'd crawl in the basement of an outhouse if I had to.

I've seen some pics people have posted and quite the damage. Our area usually has trees down and power outages from wind and rainstorms but we went unscathed other than one little tree down on the side of the road.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

It very well could have looked like it did in those pics, I don't know, but I do know it was a very wide, very black front coming towards us. Lots of trees block my view, plus cutting the grass like no tomorrow, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. Both of our cats were hunkered down in the basement behind the couch so that is where I stayed the majority of the time as well. My wife loves storms but even she decided to join us. My son was at Mosport for the May 24th racing festivities but we found out he got caught in the storm on the way home and had to pull over because he couldn't see squat. It made him nervous, we could easily tell. :)

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

I've seen some pics people have posted and quite the damage. Our area usually has trees down and power outages from wind and rainstorms but we went unscathed other than one little tree down on the side of the road.

Quite a few of my friends have posted pics too, George, with one buddy posting a pic of a huge hydro tower down on Hwy 9/Kirby area. He has no power and was told he'll be lucky to have it back in a week. 5, 5 gallon jugs of gas for his Genny cost him $300 dollars last night he said. 

hydro.jpg

6 minutes ago, irv said:

It very well could have looked like it did in those pics, I don't know, but I do know it was a very wide, very black front coming towards us. Lots of trees block my view, plus cutting the grass like no tomorrow, I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. Both of our cats were hunkered down in the basement behind the couch so that is where I stayed the majority of the time as well. My wife loves storms but even she decided to join us. My son was at Mosport for the May 24th racing festivities but we found out he got caught in the storm on the way home and had to pull over because he couldn't see squat. It made him nervous, we could easily tell. :)

When Mother nature throws a fit it just shows how insignificant we are as humans.That sounds like scary shit to me.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Quite a few of my friends have posted pics too, George, with one buddy posting a pic of a huge hydro tower down on Hwy 9/Kirby area. He has no power and was told he'll be lucky to have it back in a week. 5, 5 gallon jugs of gas for his Genny cost him $300 dollars last night he said. 

hydro.jpg

Holy shit! We lost internet and cell service and it's back on again. I put the standby genny on manual and ran it for about 10min today. We had our propane filled not too long ago so we're good that way

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Holy shit! We lost internet and cell service and it's back on again.

If ya lose internet again and can't get on Freedomsledder send up a smoke signal and we'll send the FS rescue team :bc:

19 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Holy shit! We lost internet and cell service and it's back on again. I put the standby genny on manual and ran it for about 10min today. We had our propane filled not too long ago so we're good that way

Wild, eh. Goes to show ya just how strong the winds were. He is lucky as where he lives it is pretty wide open (Hwy 9/45 area) but he said he basically came out of it unscathed. 

Lots of pics in this link and more if you click on the Twitter links. 

Edit: some crazy/scary vids within as well.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/ontario-deadly-thunderstorm

Edited by irv

12 minutes ago, irv said:

Wild, eh. Goes to show ya just how strong the winds were. He is lucky as where he lives it is pretty wide open (Hwy 9/45 area) but he said he basically came out of it unscathed. 

Lots of pics in this link and more if you click on the Twitter links. 

Edit: some crazy/scary vids within as well.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/ontario-deadly-thunderstorm

Fuck me,,now I feel like a dick for bitching cuz it was cold and snowing here. That's just brutal and terrifying.