Check your account email address ×

Study finds ivermectin, the horse drug Joe Rogan championed as a COVID treatment, does nothing to cure the virus

One was done in a pre-clinical lab setting, the other in an actual clinical trial involving 3500 participants which was then peer reviewed and published in the NEJM.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

RESULTS

A total of 3515 patients were randomly assigned to receive ivermectin (679 patients), placebo (679), or another intervention (2157). Overall, 100 patients (14.7%) in the ivermectin group had a primary-outcome event, as compared with 111 (16.3%) in the placebo group (relative risk, 0.90; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.70 to 1.16). Of the 211 primary-outcome events, 171 (81.0%) were hospital admissions. Findings were similar to the primary analysis in a modified intention-to-treat analysis that included only patients who received at least one dose of ivermectin or placebo (relative risk, 0.89; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.69 to 1.15) and in a per-protocol analysis that included only patients who reported 100% adherence to the assigned regimen (relative risk, 0.94; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.67 to 1.35). There were no significant effects of ivermectin use on secondary outcomes or adverse events.

CONCLUSIONS

Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19. 

:dunno:

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

One was done in a pre-clinical lab setting, the other in an actual clinical trial involving 3500 participants which was then peer reviewed and published in the NEJM.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

RESULTS

A total of 3515 patients were randomly assigned to receive ivermectin (679 patients), placebo (679), or another intervention (2157). Overall, 100 patients (14.7%) in the ivermectin group had a primary-outcome event, as compared with 111 (16.3%) in the placebo group (relative risk, 0.90; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.70 to 1.16). Of the 211 primary-outcome events, 171 (81.0%) were hospital admissions. Findings were similar to the primary analysis in a modified intention-to-treat analysis that included only patients who received at least one dose of ivermectin or placebo (relative risk, 0.89; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.69 to 1.15) and in a per-protocol analysis that included only patients who reported 100% adherence to the assigned regimen (relative risk, 0.94; 95% Bayesian credible interval, 0.67 to 1.35). There were no significant effects of ivermectin use on secondary outcomes or adverse events.

CONCLUSIONS

Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19. 

:dunno:

"WITH COVID" Effect of Early Treatment with Ivermectin among Patients with Covid-19.

Ivermectin was never, that I know of, a treatment in those who had already contracted covid. It was meant as a preventative approach like eating properly, taking vitamin D and C+ Zinc, exercise, sunshine, or in other words, all the things the gov't and their funded media never mentioned. :news:

What's so hard to believe about these studies? 

"Our study aimed to describe SARS-CoV2 infection and death rates in African countries that participated in an intensive Ivermectin mass campaign carried out to control onchocerciasis and compare them with those of countries that did not participate"

"Results: After controlling for different factors, including the Human Development Index (HDI), APOC countries (vs. non-APOC), show 28% lower mortality (0.72; 95% CI: 0.67-0.78) and 8% lower rate of infection (0.92; 95% CI: 0.91-0.93) due to COVID-19"

"Conclusions: The incidence in mortality rates and number of cases is significantly lower among the APOC countries compared to non-APOC countries. That a mass public health preventive campaign against COVID-19 may have taken place, inadvertently, in some African countries with massive community ivermectin use is an attractive hypothesis".
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33795896/

Another study from the National Institute of Health.

Results and discussion
Our study compared the incidence of COVID-19 among countries with different PCT campaigns and those countries in which PCT is non-existent. It is perhaps obvious that the latter group is by far the largest. It should also not be surprising that this set of samples had a rather large variability (Fig. 1 ). However, in spite of this, the difference between nations that deploy PCT using ivermectin and those that do not use any PCT turned out to be highly significant (adjusted significance P < 0.01). These initial results were obtained on 15 April 2020 and because at that time SARS-CoV-2 was still being detected in new countries on an almost daily basis, we chose to monitor the situation and observe whether this correlation would over time become less significant. We updated our calculations and added additional newly affected countries several times throughout the month of May 2020 and noticed that the observed association between ivermectin MDA and lower COVID-19 incidence actually grew strictly stronger over time. By 5 June 2020, the adjusted significance had improved to P < 0.001, actually reported by IBM SPSS Statistics as 0.000. It has remained at that level since.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7698683/

And another one.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.21254377v1
"Conclusions The morbidity and mortality in the onchocerciasis endemic countries are lesser than those in the non-endemic ones. The community-directed onchocerciasis treatment with ivermectin is the most reasonable explanation for the decrease in morbidity and fatality rate in Africa. In areas where ivermectin is distributed to and used by the entire population, it leads to a significant reduction in mortality"

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You’re too Perfect 

Nope....just figure the vitamin d and other supplements have worked. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, irv said:

"WITH COVID" Effect of Early Treatment with Ivermectin among Patients with Covid-19.

Ivermectin was never, that I know of, a treatment in those who had already contracted covid. It was meant as a preventative approach like eating properly, taking vitamin D and C+ Zinc, exercise, sunshine, or in other words, all the things the gov't and their funded media never mentioned. :news:

What's so hard to believe about these studies? 

"Our study aimed to describe SARS-CoV2 infection and death rates in African countries that participated in an intensive Ivermectin mass campaign carried out to control onchocerciasis and compare them with those of countries that did not participate"

"Results: After controlling for different factors, including the Human Development Index (HDI), APOC countries (vs. non-APOC), show 28% lower mortality (0.72; 95% CI: 0.67-0.78) and 8% lower rate of infection (0.92; 95% CI: 0.91-0.93) due to COVID-19"

"Conclusions: The incidence in mortality rates and number of cases is significantly lower among the APOC countries compared to non-APOC countries. That a mass public health preventive campaign against COVID-19 may have taken place, inadvertently, in some African countries with massive community ivermectin use is an attractive hypothesis".
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33795896/

Another study from the National Institute of Health.

Results and discussion
Our study compared the incidence of COVID-19 among countries with different PCT campaigns and those countries in which PCT is non-existent. It is perhaps obvious that the latter group is by far the largest. It should also not be surprising that this set of samples had a rather large variability (Fig. 1 ). However, in spite of this, the difference between nations that deploy PCT using ivermectin and those that do not use any PCT turned out to be highly significant (adjusted significance P < 0.01). These initial results were obtained on 15 April 2020 and because at that time SARS-CoV-2 was still being detected in new countries on an almost daily basis, we chose to monitor the situation and observe whether this correlation would over time become less significant. We updated our calculations and added additional newly affected countries several times throughout the month of May 2020 and noticed that the observed association between ivermectin MDA and lower COVID-19 incidence actually grew strictly stronger over time. By 5 June 2020, the adjusted significance had improved to P < 0.001, actually reported by IBM SPSS Statistics as 0.000. It has remained at that level since.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7698683/

And another one.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.21254377v1
"Conclusions The morbidity and mortality in the onchocerciasis endemic countries are lesser than those in the non-endemic ones. The community-directed onchocerciasis treatment with ivermectin is the most reasonable explanation for the decrease in morbidity and fatality rate in Africa. In areas where ivermectin is distributed to and used by the entire population, it leads to a significant reduction in mortality"

Both. Here’s Dr Pierre Kory’s testimony, one of the biggest pushers here in the US. Very first sentence. “I want to begin by thanking Senator Johnson and the Committee for this critically needed effort to bring attention to the importance and need for effective early treatment approaches to COVID-19. 

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Kory-2020-12-08.pdf

Here’s their website. “Prevention and treatment protocols.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

And then there were all the lawsuits trying to get hospitals to treat their patients with ivermectin, once they clearly already had it….

And on and on…..

16 hours ago, akvanden said:

Both. Here’s Dr Pierre Kory’s testimony, one of the biggest pushers here in the US. Very first sentence. “I want to begin by thanking Senator Johnson and the Committee for this critically needed effort to bring attention to the importance and need for effective early treatment approaches to COVID-19. 

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Testimony-Kory-2020-12-08.pdf

Here’s their website. “Prevention and treatment protocols.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

And then there were all the lawsuits trying to get hospitals to treat their patients with ivermectin, once they clearly already had it….

And on and on…..

Never in the history of this forum has someone defended something so vigorously that they claim to not care if others did it or not.   You crack me up.  :lol:  

Dude we get it.   You love the vaccine and will gladly take it multiple times a year for the rest of your life if needed.  :lol:  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You crack me up. 

I aim to please. :thumbsup:

And if you want to talk about obsessive, look no further than those who continually create the same threads over and over. I haven’t started a single one. :bc:

Edited by akvanden

50 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I aim to please. :thumbsup:

And if you want to talk about obsessive, look no further than those who continually create the same threads over and over. I haven’t started a single one. :bc:

Yet you almost exclusively post in vaccine threads.  :lol:  Its almost as if you work for the CDC.  :lol:  

I love your theory "I haven't started one thread on it" as somehow you don't obsess with that topic.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yet you almost exclusively post in vaccine threads.  :lol:  Its almost as if you work for the CDC.  :lol:  

I love your theory "I haven't started one thread on it" as somehow you don't obsess with that topic.  :lol:  

It’s not a theory, just reality. This subforum attracts conspiracy theories like flies. If there was a subforum on the 2020 election where collective conspiracies thrived, I’d be there too. Want to start a subforum on Ukraine?!?!? count me in!

And just because I run the website vaccines4ca$h.com doesn’t mean I’m compromised.

It’s free to join, btw. 

PS - I’m laughing too. :lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, akvanden said:

It’s not a theory, just reality. This subforum attracts conspiracy theories like flies. If there was a subforum on the 2020 election where collective conspiracies thrived, I’d be there too. Want to start a subforum on Ukraine?!?!? count me in!

And just because I run the website vaccines4ca$h.com doesn’t mean I’m compromised.

It’s free to join, btw. 

PS - I’m laughing too. :lol::lol:

Well to be fair you were slightly obsessed before the sub forum.   As for the bold.:lmao::bc:

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1