Check your account email address ×

Fox News and Chernobyl.

Just now, Highmark said:

Reality is no matter how crazy he is (and I don't think he is) he would need lots of other crazy people on his side to pull off anything from a Nuke to a Bio attack.   

Reality is he and his intel probably forecasted everything that was going to happen. He has stated before that nobody wins a nuclear war. However its not certain that our own govt is above biological warfare. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Anler said:

Reality is he and his intel probably forecasted everything that was going to happen. He has stated before that nobody wins a nuclear war. However its not certain that our own govt is above biological warfare. 

All govt's of the world including ours are on the same level of trust in my book.   Pretty sad statement from what would likely be a majority of Americans.

Not sure this has went the way Putin planned.   I think his lack of logistical support for his invasion shows he thought they would cave relatively quickly.   He went in 4 distinct areas and didn't have enough support for them.   He should have went hard after Kyiv and took it in a matter of days and Ukraine may have fell.  His arrogance that more Ukrainians would be on his side bit him in the ass too.

Then again he might just be trying to look like an incompetent fuck to draw others in. 

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

All govt's of the world including ours are on the same level of trust in my book.   Pretty sad statement from what would likely be a majority of Americans.

Not sure this has went the way Putin planned.   I think his lack of logistical support for his invasion shows he thought they would cave relatively quickly.   He went in 4 distinct areas and didn't have enough support for them.   He should have went hard after Kyiv and took it in a matter of days and Ukraine may have fell.  His arrogance that more Ukrainians would be on his side bit him in the ass too.

I dont think he wanted to destroy the country because he easily could have if that was his intent. The Ukraines are probably holed up in civilian areas so they can cry about atrocities if he attacks them there. We saw that in Iraq. Besides I really dont put too much credibility of what the media tells us about it. Its obvious our media wants us to get Putin. I feel bad for the Ukrainian people but what do we really stand to gain by getting involved? We have our own problems

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I dont think he wanted to destroy the country because he easily could have if that was his intent. The Ukraines are probably holed up in civilian areas so they can cry about atrocities if he attacks them there. We saw that in Iraq. Besides I really dont put too much credibility of what the media tells us about it. Its obvious our media wants us to get Putin. I feel bad for the Ukrainian people but what do we really stand to gain by getting involved? We have our own problems

Yep...good post.   Only other explanation is Russia's military is far weaker than much of the world thinks.

A few years ago I watched an "analyst" explain how poor many think the Russian Military really is because they simply don't have the economy to support it and what makes it worse is the Oligarchs' taking huge chunks of that.  They are only a threat because of nukes and cyber.(which is enough)   Conventional warfare their abilities are completely overblown.  Cyber may be as well as I would have thought they would have been more successful with this in Ukraine. 

Russia's economy is smaller than Canada and we know their military prowess.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Yep...good post.   Only other explanation is Russia's military is far weaker than much of the world thinks.

A few years ago I watched an "analyst" explain how poor many think the Russian Military really is because they simply don't have the economy to support it and what makes it worse is the Oligarchs' taking huge chunks of that.  They are only a threat because of nukes and cyber.(which is enough)   Conventional warfare their abilities are completely overblown.  Cyber may be as well as I would have thought they would have been more successful with this in Ukraine. 

International warfare has changed alot due to technology. We have no idea what the overall capabilities are. Ground wars are the hardest to fight. Russia has had a space program as long as we have, their military isnt as primitive as we are being led to believe. Look how long our own occupations took, even with having the largest and most advanced in the world. If it comes down to a dick measuring contest and Russia has to fight for self preservation then we will find out what they are really about. Dont forget we havent won a war ourselves in 70 years. One thing for sure there will be alot of dead bodies before its over. 

The Russians knew what they would be facing with this invasion and what the potential escalation it could bring. He has been navigating global politics for a long time and winning a lot. He is not a dumb man, especially in comparison to our CIC

Russia totally underestimated the Ukrainian response and the amount of western arms that were in the country. They never counted on turkey supplying them with highly effective drones either. Putin had this romantic view that the Ukrainians would welcome the Russians with open arms. He wrote about it in his manifesto. Totally blinded by his own delusion. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Russia totally underestimated the Ukrainian response and the amount of western arms that were in the country. They never counted on turkey supplying them with highly effective drones either. Putin had this romantic view that the Ukrainians would welcome the Russians with open arms. He wrote about it in his manifesto. Totally blinded by his own delusion. 

47 minutes ago, Anler said:

International warfare has changed alot due to technology. We have no idea what the overall capabilities are. Ground wars are the hardest to fight. Russia has had a space program as long as we have, their military isnt as primitive as we are being led to believe. Look how long our own occupations took, even with having the largest and most advanced in the world. If it comes down to a dick measuring contest and Russia has to fight for self preservation then we will find out what they are really about. Dont forget we havent won a war ourselves in 70 years. One thing for sure there will be alot of dead bodies before its over. 

The Russians knew what they would be facing with this invasion and what the potential escalation it could bring. He has been navigating global politics for a long time and winning a lot. He is not a dumb man, especially in comparison to our CIC

Huh? The Russians opened 5 different lines of advance with up to 300 mile long supply lines in a nation of huge geographical dimensions. They grossly underestimated the Ukrainian effectiveness. Neither Putin nor any of his generals have had an undertaking of this scope. Not only is he not smart, he’s in way over his head. The question on everyone’s mind should be how does the west get him out of this mess he created for himself. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Huh? The Russians opened 5 different lines of advance with up to 300 mile long supply lines in a nation of huge geographical dimensions. They grossly underestimated the Ukrainian effectiveness. Neither Putin nor any of his generals have had an undertaking of this scope. Not only is he not smart, he’s in way over his head. The question on everyone’s mind should be how does the west get him out of this mess he created for himself. 

You are watching fake news