Check your account email address ×

Russian progress on Kyiv has 'stalled' with units 'surrendering without a fight', US official says

Interesting…..

Russian progress on Kyiv has 'stalled' with units 'surrendering without a fight', US official says
Source: The Independent

Russia’s assault on Kyiv has “stalled” with some units “surrendering without a fight” to Ukrainian troops, according to a senior US defence official. 

The official, who spoke to reporters on condition of anonymity on Tuesday, said that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s forces have come up against several logistical issues as they continue to struggle to take control of the Ukrainian capital. 

Some units are running out of food and fuel while there are also challenges of a lack of experience among troops who never even knew they were being sent into combat, the official said. 

As a result, the advance on the capital remains stuck “where it was yesterday” with some troops said to be surrendering to the Ukrainian military and civilians who have fought back to defend their country.

Read more: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/russia-ukraine-conflict-kyiv-us-b2025988.html 

• Platinum Contributing Member

I'd like to hope this is true, but since they are 17mi outside Kyiv, I'm thinking it's time for a break, and move in over night..

32 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'd like to hope this is true, but since they are 17mi outside Kyiv, I'm thinking it's time for a break, and move in over night..

Are they actually going to move in or just strangle the city by creating choke points? 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Are they actually going to move in or just strangle the city by creating choke points? 

There would probably be a lot less casualties with the latter..Feel bad for the peeps in the Ukraine

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

There would probably be a lot less casualties with the latter..Feel bad for the peeps in the Ukraine

I'm no military expert, but a 40 mile convoy seems like a disaster waiting to happen. If it actually is 40 miles long. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I'm no military expert, but a 40 mile convoy seems like a disaster waiting to happen. If it actually is 40 miles long. 

Don't sell yourself short...

:lol::bc:

I agree on the underlined

• Haha 1

Hope I'm wrong, but I believe Russia will keep blasting them. The damage so far is horrible. 

Can you imagine leaving your house with a little kid or two, trying to get away from this shit!!!

What a dirty invasion. Putin lied all along. Stupid fukkin Ukraine, Europe, and the US, should have seen this coming for months, and planned accordingly. 

Too bad somebody couldn't bomb that 40 mile convoy, like they did in Iraq. Hundreds of tanks, vehicles turned to smoldering piles of slag.