Check your account email address ×

Are American truckers still going to disrupt Washington DC and the SOTU address.

I'm not even sure what they're protesting? I supported the nooks because of the mandates that affected my business but since we don't have any federal mandates here I'm not sure what they want. Imo they should be protesting the fed regulations that fuck up our day ti day operation but nobody seems to care about that

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I'm not even sure what they're protesting? I supported the nooks because of the mandates that affected my business but since we don't have any federal mandates here I'm not sure what they want. Imo they should be protesting the fed regulations that fuck up our day ti day operation but nobody seems to care about that

Neither are they....... I've heard no coherent message from the dribble that's been interviewed. 

Not sure what they want to protest for either, but if they want to, and if they're going to, best way to do it is just fucking park 'em and take 2 weeks off.  Why spend the money and the hassle to drive to a location and represent yourself and all the media is going to do is berate you for being there in the first place and totally ignore your principal behind it.  No better way of getting attention than just parking the truck and let places run out of everything.  

Canada would have been better off doing the same.  I'm not sure they got anywhere with their demonstrations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Neither are they....... I've heard no coherent message from the dribble that's been interviewed. 

I just looked at their fb page and it says they want govt accountability and transparency in congressional hearings. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I just looked at their fb page and it says they want govt accountability and transparency in congressional hearings. 

They would have more luck asking for 3 somes with supermodels.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Not sure what they want to protest for either, but if they want to, and if they're going to, best way to do it is just fucking park 'em and take 2 weeks off.  Why spend the money and the hassle to drive to a location and represent yourself and all the media is going to do is berate you for being there in the first place and totally ignore your principal behind it.  No better way of getting attention than just parking the truck and let places run out of everything.  

Canada would have been better off doing the same.  I'm not sure they got anywhere with their demonstrations.

Large trucking firms like Schneider National aren't going to park any of their trucks. The wheels need to keep moving. Many of the independents have loans and bills to pay. That leaves a very small minority that could just "park it". Hardly a dent that would make.  

Just now, steve from amherst said:

They would have more luck asking for 3 somes with supermodels.

No shit! There's alot of things they could be protesting that affect our daily operation, fuel costs, lack of parking, rate transparency, hours of service, irs issues, road conditions, cdl rule changes

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Large trucking firms like Schneider National aren't going to park any of their trucks. The wheels need to keep moving. Many of the independents have loans and bills to pay. That leaves a very small minority that could just "park it". Hardly a dent that would make.  

The big co's definitely won't stop, i would say most owner/ops have a emergency fund setup so they csn get through the slow times that happen every year. Atleast the smart ones do....

4 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

The big co's definitely won't stop, i would say most owner/ops have a emergency fund setup so they csn get through the slow times that happen every year. Atleast the smart ones do....

It's not always a matter of being smart. Bills are bills. They need to get paid. Just like most people in America, they're living paycheck to paycheck. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It's not always a matter of being smart. Bills are bills. They need to get paid. Just like most people in America, they're living paycheck to paycheck. 

I'm betting most aren't. O/O generally put money back for high repair costs, weather delays, seasonal rate drops etc. Alot of drivers i talk to keep a minimum of 20-25k around for emergencies 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Yeah and their wives and mothers of their kids are bitching to bring home some cash.

No shit sherlock, they all have to park it.  Every driver is independant I don't care if the truck they're in is independently owned or corporate owned, the individual is licensed independantly to legally drive a commercial vehicle.  You think Schneider's going to fire them all for taking a vacation at the same time?  After two weeks, where do they think they're going to hire all new drivers.

It'd never work anyhow, they're just like farmers.  They are their own worse enemy outside of the govt.  They'll never be able to stick together for a just cause.  It's hopeless and I wish you could turn on the t.v. and hear nothing about it.  Waste of time.

• Like 1

And those bills are higher now than they've ever been.  Let's go Brandon!:saluting:

34 minutes ago, hayward said:

No shit sherlock, they all have to park it.  Every driver is independant I don't care if the truck they're in is independently owned or corporate owned, the individual is licensed independantly to legally drive a commercial vehicle.  You think Schneider's going to fire them all for taking a vacation at the same time?  After two weeks, where do they think they're going to hire all new drivers.

It'd never work anyhow, they're just like farmers.  They are their own worse enemy outside of the govt.  They'll never be able to stick together for a just cause.  It's hopeless and I wish you could turn on the t.v. and hear nothing about it.  Waste of time.

I can see protesting against working conditions. But I’ll be fucked if I’d ever give up a days pay to protest political bullshit. Life’s too fucking short and I like cash. 

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

I'm betting most aren't. O/O generally put money back for high repair costs, weather delays, seasonal rate drops etc. Alot of drivers i talk to keep a minimum of 20-25k around for emergencies 

And to use that money to weather a protest? When it’s gone it’s gone. 

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

And to use that money to weather a protest? When it’s gone it’s gone. 

Depends on the protest. For something like what went on in Canada I'd do it. For what they are protesting here? No way, I'm going to be working

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I can see protesting against working conditions. But I’ll be fucked if I’d ever give up a days pay to protest political bullshit. Life’s too fucking short and I like cash. 

I agree.  It's gotta be a legitimate reason.  I don't know the American trucker's reason, but the Canadian one was imo, they just went about it a little bit wrong.  Started out good, but after the first week, they should have just parked every truck in the country at home.  But it'd never happen.

3 minutes ago, hayward said:

I agree.  It's gotta be a legitimate reason.  I don't know the American trucker's reason, but the Canadian one was imo, they just went about it a little bit wrong.  Started out good, but after the first week, they should have just parked every truck in the country at home.  But it'd never happen.

The Canadian trucker thing wasn’t all that impressive. What percentage of truckers took part? .000003%? How many lost their truck, equipment, bank accounts, drivers license, fines, etc.