Check your account email address ×

Been A Rough Few Days Around Here

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

On Friday sweet little Agnes died at the vet where she was undergoing  a blood transfusion for a platelet disorder...she was was the sweetest little dog and my wifes constant companion...an hour ago I found Buddy dead on the back porch. He came to use awhile  back on a below zero night...clearly abandoned and in rough shape so we let him in and he never left. RIP Agnes and Buddy The Cat.🙏🏻😢

DBE7B2DC-ED25-43A4-A70D-B27E7F54056F.thumb.jpeg.95e938b8831126c5019c2fe72fd35319.jpegCA305C81-D7ED-43B9-8649-76B9970C3881.thumb.jpeg.8dd9de6feaa392ef1283fcc5cde5d2bd.jpeg

that sucks . i always say some of the worst days of my life was losing my pets. i cry for months, even years. i never really get over it. then it's time for another , which makes you feel like a traitor. they are never a "replacement" but a new one. i have 2 strays that look just like Buddy. little by little i got them to trust me. now they come in and hang out, but go out at night. good mousers, and they play hell with the birdfeeder! sorry for the double whammy. 

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

that sucks . i always say some of the worst days of my life was losing my pets. i cry for months, even years. i never really get over it. then it's time for another , which makes you feel like a traitor. they are never a "replacement" but a new one. i have 2 strays that look just like Buddy. little by little i got them to trust me. now they come in and hang out, but go out at night. good mousers, and they play hell with the birdfeeder! sorry for the double whammy. 

Thank you…Buddy showed up maybe 7-8 years ago during one of the coldest stretches of Winter I can remember around here. He wasn’t neutered so his face and head were swollen/huge, one of his back legs was all jacked up and he was barely using it and his teeth were broken/missing. We brought him in, fed him, warmed him and said well we’ve got another pet. Took him to the vet and had him neutered, checked his leg and surprisingly he was in fairly good shape but the vet really couldn’t age him because of his messed up choppers…he settled in quickly and became part of our family….RIP Buddy The Cat.🙏🏻

Always sad to hear when someone loses their pet....part of the family.

Just lost one of our dogs about two weeks ago, 2 months shy of her 19th birthday.  Never did this with any of our previous pets but this time we got her ashes... they did a very professional job that included one of her paw prints on a mold and some of her fur in a plastic bag (a little creepy at first) which we put in an urn.

Sorry for your loss....been there many times.

• Like 1

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Always sad to hear when someone loses their pet....part of the family.

Just lost one of our dogs about two weeks ago, 2 months shy of her 19th birthday.  Never did this with any of our previous pets but this time we got her ashes... they did a very professional job that included one of her paw prints on a mold and some of her fur in a plastic bag (a little creepy at first) which we put in an urn.

Sorry for your loss....been there many times.

Thank you and sorry for you loss as well…we’ve been here more times than I care to count but these two really hit hard.