Check your account email address ×

Bump....

• Platinum Contributing Member

Stock.... :dunno:

So one is semi-automatic, and the other is fully automatic. Got it.

See, with a semi-automatic weapon, you have to pull the trigger each time you want to fire a round. You can’t just hold the trigger down and have a steady stream of bullets come out like you can with a fully automatic. 

Doesn’t that sound a lot less deadly?

This, to the gun-rights advocate, is the quintessential distinction between them. But that’s a distinction without a difference.

Then there’s what’s called a “bump stock.” 

You can buy one right here for just $135.95. 

So what is a bump stock, you ask?

I’ll let this guy tell you because he seems like he knows what he’s talking about. After all, he’s selling them, right? 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-a-scaletta/ar15s-are-basically-assau_b_10469112.html?yptr=yahoo

image.jpeg

Edited by SnowRider

:dunno:

At about the 20-second mark, what did he say? 

“This stock will let you use your semi-automatic rifle to bump-fire—or mimic automatic firing—without breaking any laws.” 

“Mimic automatic firing... without breaking any laws.” 

Those are his words, not mine. And while he goes on to adhere to the semantic distinction, he’s doing it emphasizing that in practicality, there is not one.

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:dunno:

At about the 20-second mark, what did he say? 

“This stock will let you use your semi-automatic rifle to bump-fire—or mimic automatic firing—without breaking any laws.” 

“Mimic automatic firing... without breaking any laws.” 

Those are his words, not mine. And while he goes on to adhere to the semantic distinction, he’s doing it emphasizing that in practicality, there is not one.

Exactly...... its legal.. whats your point ???

Because someone is smart enough to figure out a loophole? slide fire stocks are pretty stupid anyhow.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

So if legislation is proposed to make them illegal - are any of you clowns gonna support it? 

Yes and no. Personally the way the law is written makes them legal.. You re-write the law and sure we would have to.

A semi is just fine for me. No complaints

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Has one of these been used in a murder much less mass shooting yet?

It don't matter.

Sr wont join me in my crusade for legislation to limit cars to a 45 mph speed limit.

That would save most of the 40 thousand lives lost to assault vehicles ..until he's willing to do that he should just stfu about guns. 

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why is an AR 15 marketed as an Assault rifle if I'm told it's just a good ol fashion rifle from the forum peanut gallery? 

You can call it whatever the hell you want to i could care less.

Facts are its a Semi-Auto 223 or 5.56 rifle. Its not an automatic its not a "military" weapon no one uses a AR-15 in the military. Explain that.

For awhile Ny classified my rem 22 as a assault weapon because it holds more then 7 bullets in the clip..it was law for a little bit ..but was overturned. You can have 10 in it now.

But while it was law I was allowed to own it but I could not put more then 7 in the clip..can you fawking believe it.

Edited by Capt.Storm

10 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Ar does not stand for assault rifle. 

6 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Spoiling all the fun toying with Dip Shit

:nuts: Who said anything about what AR stands for....look at the following:. :lol:

Dumbski......so dumb :lmao: 

image.jpeg

After seeing this HufffPo piece this morning I knew some thin skinned panty waste would start a thread with it. Just wasn't sure if it would be Slope or that one Canuck that pisses himself at the sight of guns.

You still have to pull the trigger for each round to fire which makes it semi auto so by definition it is not an Assault Rifle.

Edited by Skidooski

Another thing sr,

Next time that you're in a gay bar and if someone starts shooting everybody there you better hope that guy that you're hiding behind has a 45 to take that shooter out.

But that won't happen of course..because you can't carry in a public establishment

Guess what,you're dead prolly..

Edited by Capt.Storm

I think the best gun control is no gun control..other then enough control to hit your target.

If everybody had a gun or possibly could have one you would watch what you say or do in public more.

Same as if everybody had a ban button on here..you would watch what you say.

Sometimes when you try and limit things-people want more of it..and for good reason at times.

Like freedom for example.

Edited by Capt.Storm