Check your account email address ×

Good job democrats!!

BOHICA

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of one government subsidy that makes any real sense. Take this one for example. Why am I paying for someone else to get a discount on their fancy new EV? 

Ya.  Every thing from child tax credits, (there is talk of a big bump for credits for people with sex trophies...  like $3500 dollars for each kid under 6) to Trump/Biden checks, to farmers subsidies don’t make sense....  but would be stupid not to take advantage of what is offered.  30% tax credit on solar is awesome!  This also adds a separate tax credit for energy storage systems with a 30% credit.  If this passes you can get a model 3 for under $30k.

The talk of this bill will hurt GM and Tesla right now....  people would be stupid right now to buy any Tesla or GM EV and wait and see this out...  EV’s from those manufactures don’t qualify for any credits and it’s not written in the bill for any EV’s from those companies to get the credit for those that buy before the bill is passed.

Edited by BOHICA

Nice.  I'm lobbying the wife to replace her daily driver with a Model Y, AND thinking of adding solar to my house to offset some of the summer heating costs.

I'm all for the government giving me some of my money back to use on things that help provide jobs and fuel the economy.  Of course, I'd rather they just give me the money back and let me spend it on what I want to spend it on...

Funny how that works...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Nice.  I'm lobbying the wife to replace her daily driver with a Model Y, AND thinking of adding solar to my house to offset some of the summer heating costs.

I'm all for the government giving me some of my money back to use on things that help provide jobs and fuel the economy.  Of course, I'd rather they just give me the money back and let me spend it on what I want to spend it on...

Funny how that works...

You mean summer cooling?

• Gold Member
44 minutes ago, Matt said:

Funny how that works...

This bill makes it easy for me the next few years.

15kwh solar this year that I was doing anyways.

2022 EV pickup.  Also discovered that any structure put up to hold solar gets a credit...  going to add a covered patio with about 2.5kwh solar array on it so should get a tax credit for the cost of covered patio/pergola.

2023 3-4 Tesla powerwalls.

2024 a fully electric SUV.