Check your account email address ×

Soooo sexy!

Dave

Nice looking truck.   I've gotten a  bit happier with my F150,  fuckers had the tires blown up to 42 psi,   when i took it back to the 35 Ford wants its ride got better.  Still sucks at 85 that the fuel economy is so bad,  they need trans programmers who aren't left lane 2 mile an hour over the limit midwesterners.   with 10 speeds no need to spin the motor more than 1500 rpm at 85.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Nice looking truck.   I've gotten a  bit happier with my F150,  fuckers had the tires blown up to 42 psi,   when i took it back to the 35 Ford wants its ride got better.  Still sucks at 85 that the fuel economy is so bad,  they need trans programmers who aren't left lane 2 mile an hour over the limit midwesterners.   with 10 speeds no need to spin the motor more than 1500 rpm at 85.  

exactly, with 10 the last 2 should be stacked.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

exactly, with 10 the last 2 should be stacked.

i seriously believe it's the midwest engineers.  Fuckers from MI, IN and OH love to drive 2 over in the left lane on I80.   only worse drivers may be from Rhode Island.   I like massholes,  drive fast, drive aggressive and get where you are going.  

If you watch the shifts half the gears are never actually used with any consistency.  i think 6th is1-1 so there are 4 overdrive gears not hard to spread them out a bit more.   GM engineers did a much better job programming their version, still harsh on certain up and downshifts on the Ford,  smooth as silk on my coworkers tahoe.   

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

2 turbos on it remember....anything over 65 it will use alot more.....and you think its thirsty....wait till you start towing alot.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i seriously believe it's the midwest engineers.  Fuckers from MI, IN and OH love to drive 2 over in the left lane on I80.   only worse drivers may be from Rhode Island.   I like massholes,  drive fast, drive aggressive and get where you are going.  

If you watch the shifts half the gears are never actually used with any consistency.  i think 6th is1-1 so there are 4 overdrive gears not hard to spread them out a bit more.   GM engineers did a much better job programming their version, still harsh on certain up and downshifts on the Ford,  smooth as silk on my coworkers tahoe.   

It should be legal to shoot cocksuckers that do that.

Just now, Angry ginger said:

I havent noticed that all....on either of my ford trucks with 10 speeds....anyone i know says they dont even notice them shifting.

Just now, Dave said:

2 turbos on it remember....anything over 65 it will use alot more.....and you think its thirsty....wait till you start towing alot.

with the side by side i was sub 10 mpg on a 12' open.  thats maybe 3k lbs loaded.  

there is no reason that it has to be in the turbos over 80 if the trans had better programming.  there are 10 gears use them all.   most of my drive to OH is posted 70,  that should mean cruise control at 85 not being stuck at 70 to pick up the mileage.  at 73 the whole way I come up 15 miles short from making it on 1 tank of gas.   I drive that slow only when caravanning with my daughter.  

with the side by side i was sub 10 mpg on a 12' open.  thats maybe 3k lbs loaded.  

there is no reason that it has to be in the turbos over 80 if the trans had better programming.  there are 10 gears use them all.   most of my drive to OH is posted 70,  that should mean cruise control at 85 not being stuck at 70 to pick up the mileage.  at 73 the whole way I come up 15 miles short from making it on 1 tank of gas.   I drive that slow only when caravanning with my daughter.  

Its a 3.5 v6 not a v8.....my wife was lucky to get 6 to 8 pulling 8000lb

Edited by Dave

1 minute ago, Dave said:

I havent noticed that all....on either of my ford trucks with 10 speeds....anyone i know says they don't even notice them shifting.

3-4 is the worst.   6-4 can be bad as well.  There are a couple TSB's on it and they are working on a class action lawsuit over it.  I asked the dealer to do any software updates when it was there last week,  hope that helps.  

3-4 is the worst.   6-4 can be bad as well.  There are a couple TSB's on it and they are working on a class action lawsuit over it.  I asked the dealer to do any software updates when it was there last week,  hope that helps.  

Must be a few lemons out there.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Its a 3.5 v6 not a v8.

it needs to lose 300 rpm to pick up 2 mpg,  it has 4 overdrive gears.  zero reason it can't be efficient past 70.    I'll tolerate it till next summer then look for a RAM or a GM I think.  GM interior is just as trash as the fords but it gets better economy and ride.  The Ram looks like an old mans rig but at least the interior and ride are good.  

it needs to lose 300 rpm to pick up 2 mpg,  it has 4 overdrive gears.  zero reason it can't be efficient past 70.    I'll tolerate it till next summer then look for a RAM or a GM I think.  GM interior is just as trash as the fords but it gets better economy and ride.  The Ram looks like an old mans rig but at least the interior and ride are good.  

Dude the v8 with the same 10speed is much better on fuel towing.

Just now, Dave said:

Fords always had those.

:lol:

Same as GM

shit the GM programming on the early 6 speed trucks was beyond bad then the 14's had all sort of shake and shimmy issues.  Pinnacle of 1/2 ton GM trucks was the 06 with the 6.0 4 spd.   looking back i should have kept my last avalanche,  prob would have gone 300k miles and was comfortable as hell if i kept the rust away.  

shit the GM programming on the early 6 speed trucks was beyond bad then the 14's had all sort of shake and shimmy issues.  Pinnacle of 1/2 ton GM trucks was the 06 with the 6.0 4 spd.   looking back i should have kept my last avalanche,  prob would have gone 300k miles and was comfortable as hell if i kept the rust away.  

Im going to start calling you Daive.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Dave said:

Dude the v8 with the same 10speed is much better on fuel towing.

only engine i didn't want was the 2.7,  guess i should have gotten the 5.0 as my coworkers rig prior to the Tahoe was one of those and it was good on gas.   Her husband took the F150 when she got the 21 Tahoe decided he didn't like it and traded it on a Ram 2500 with the 6.4 last weekend.  That thing prob gets better fuel economy than a EB 

the fuel economy will not be why i dump it,   i can live with that and the $ lost on trades not worth it.  I was just hoping to love it and I don't.   

only engine i didn't want was the 2.7,  guess i should have gotten the 5.0 as my coworkers rig prior to the Tahoe was one of those and it was good on gas.   Her husband took the F150 when she got the 21 Tahoe decided he didn't like it and traded it on a Ram 2500 with the 6.4 last weekend.  That thing prob gets better fuel economy than a EB 

the fuel economy will not be why i dump it,   i can live with that and the $ lost on trades not worth it.  I was just hoping to love it and I don't.   

Ecoboost is a grocery getter....nothing more.

:bc:

Just now, Dave said:

Get a diesel like mine and thank me later.

I am def too cheap for that.  And the one time i had a 3/4 ton diesel i hated it except when the boats behind.  I prob should have bought a used Tahoe when the rental companies were dumping them for short money.    

12 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I am def too cheap for that.  And the one time i had a 3/4 ton diesel i hated it except when the boats behind.  I prob should have bought a used Tahoe when the rental companies were dumping them for short money.    

You cant take the money with you when you die...my truck was only 104g list

Edited by Dave

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Gm just bought back my buds 20 gmc under the MN lemon law for 3 major issues all trans related . 

He pretty much got close to 2 yrs and 40k mi use for nothing