Check your account email address ×

Daniel Lewis Lee executed for torturing, killing Arkansas family in 1996, first federal execution in 17 years

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

I'm generally anti death penalty but every once in a while someone so evil comes along that just has to be disposed of. This is defiantly one of those cases. :bc:

I've never understood that line of thought.   I get some crimes are worse than others but cold blooded murder is cold blooded murder.   One is enough for me.  

Too bad Chevie Kehoe didn't face the same fate. 

I am all for disposing of broken humans...but. On the subject of police misconduct we had several illinois inmates on death row that were later vindicated by DNA evidence. There were so many cases that the Republican governor at the time imposed a stay of execution on all death sentences. He caught alot of shit over it from his base but said being a christian man he couldnt in good conscience send and innocent man to his death. I dont think they have had any executions since. 

But... That doesnt mean some of these animals dont deserve it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I am all for disposing of broken humans...but. On the subject of police misconduct we had several illinois inmates on death row that were later vindicated by DNA evidence. There were so many cases that the Republican governor at the time imposed a stay of execution on all death sentences. He caught alot of shit over it from his base but said being a christian man he couldnt in good conscience send and innocent man to his death. I dont think they have had any executions since. 

But... That doesnt mean some of these animals dont deserve it. 

I'm not against is being reserved for cases of overwhelming physical evidence.....I am against it being reserved only for multiple murders.  

Lots of families are allowed to find loved ones remains because the defendant was facing death.  Bare minimum it needs to be kept as a tool for just that. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm not against is being reserved for cases of overwhelming physical evidence.....I am against it being reserved only for multiple murders.  

Lots of families were allowed to find loved ones remains because the defendant was facing death.  Bare minimum it needs to be kept as a tool for just that. 

Like I said, some people are just broken. You cant fix that. The humane thing to do is to just end them. Its not an emotional decision, it just needs to be done. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Like I said, some people are just broken. You cant fix that. The humane thing to do is to just end them. Its not an emotional decision, it just needs to be done. 

Agreed.   Doesn't need to take 15-20 years to get it done either.  

Almost every guy on this list should be put down. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Lots of families are allowed to find loved ones remains because the defendant was facing death.  Bare minimum it needs to be kept as a tool for just that

THis , and to spare the expense of a trial , if you plead guilty we will take the DP off the table.