Check your account email address ×

OPTI

Yesterday to inspect for tears/cracks I removed the 3 diaphragms from the Fuel, Air pressure regulators and the Tracker valve, and lucky me I tore the air diaphragm, just bought 1 today, darn thing was $230, YIKES!

Edited by XCR1250

Yea the thing is that you are looking at a couple of different fuel pumps and air pumps.  The VST is just a glorified carburetor bowl complete with Needle/seat and float arrangement. Anything supplying that tank fuel pump wise will be low pressure 10 psi or less.  I will say that the high side fuel pressure reg can cause some weird problems that can be tough to nail down.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I’d look at fuel line. Pop it off and look for inner collapse. Or tracker valve.

Fuel line was new last year, my 200 ran perfect on the same boat, but silly me decided to put a 225 on the boat for a bit more top end..

I did buy a new primer bulb and 6 feet of hose in a kit today.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Yea the thing is that you are looking at a couple of different fuel pumps and air pumps.  The VST is just a glorified carburetor bowl complete with Needle/seat and float arrangement. Anything supplying that tank fuel pump wise will be low pressure 10 psi or less.  I will say that the high side fuel pressure reg can cause some weird problems that can be tough to nail down.. 

I've been chasing this issue for 3 seasons, didn't bother me too much cause I had other boats, now down to this 19 foot Ranger, I hate to put the 200 back on but may have to.

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I've been chasing this issue for 3 seasons, didn't bother me too much cause I had other boats, now down to this 19 foot Ranger, I hate to put the 200 back on but may have to.

Always start in the cheap seats and that for me would be hoses and gaskets. I would spray the intake seams with carb cleaner while it was idling and see if the motor picks up speed. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Check valve ball in the primer is sticking. Ask me how I know.

Replace it.

Never mind. I see now you did this.

Haven't done it yet, just got the bulb and hose today..have to install the air pressure diaphragm first, that's a b-tch, I should make the installation tool, I frayed the other 1 reinstalling it and that was a $230 boo, boo. Little piece of rubber for $230..

Edited by XCR1250

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Haven't done it yet, just got the bulb and hose today..have to install the air pressure diaphragm first, that's a b-tch, I should make the installation tool, I frayed the other 1 reinstalling it and that was a $230 boo, boo. Little piece of rubber for $230..

Ouch, that sucks.

I've had at least 4 that have done what you are experiencing over the years and every time it's been a stuck check ball. I dont know if ethanol causes it or what. Food luck.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Ouch, that sucks.

I've had at least 4 that have done what you are experiencing over the years and every time it's been a stuck check ball. I dont know if ethanol causes it or what. Food luck.

Engine has never seen Ethanol fuel, I won't use it.