Check your account email address ×

Bears repeating

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, Anler said:

I kept my doctor and dentist. Been going to the same dentist now for over 30 years. 

I quoted some OC plans, most in my facility would have had to change doctors if we went down that path.  It was considerably more expensive than staying without our existing BC/BS plan.

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I quoted some OC plans, most in my facility would have had to change doctors if we went down that path.  It was considerably more expensive than staying without our existing BC/BS plan.

Well why would you quote OC plans if you didnt need to? Unless you were trying to insure unhealthy people you could get an underwritten plan for the lowest price. 

Just now, Anler said:

Well why would you quote OC plans if you didnt need to? Unless you were trying to insure unhealthy people you could get an underwritten plan for the lowest price. 

:lol:   You seriously need to ask that?   Price dude....price.   You don't occasionally shop your plan around?

Our work plan didn't refuse people prior to PPACA.

You do understand that even existing plans had to comply to OC rules right?  

Just now, Highmark said:

:lol:   You seriously need to ask that?   Price dude....price.   You don't occasionally shop your plan around?

Our work plan didn't refuse people prior to PPACA.

You do understand that even existing plans had to comply to OC rules right?  

I understand, I pay a shit ton in insurance premiums every year. OC plans for for people who 1. dont have employer insurance and 2. have health issues that make underwritten plans unaffordable. You understand that, right? 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I understand, I pay a shit ton in insurance premiums every year. OC plans for for people who 1. dont have employer insurance and 2. have health issues that make underwritten plans unaffordable. You understand that, right? 

:lol: Dude ALL plans had to comply with the OC rules and as I stated prior to OC our plan accepted everyone.   Not one new or existing employee in 20+ years came to me saying our insurance wouldn't cover some pre existing condition of them or someone in their family.

Not all HC facilities accept some forms of OC and the corporate plan we had quoted was specific to one HC group of which only a few of our workers regularly used.   Our existing insurance covered anywhere you went.   The new OC plan you could only use one of the two Hospital systems in the area.

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol: Dude ALL plans had to comply with the OC rules and as I stated prior to OC our plan accepted everyone.   Not one new or existing employee in 20+ years came to me saying our insurance wouldn't cover some pre existing condition of them or someone in their family.

Not all HC facilities accept some forms of OC and the corporate plan we had quoted was specific to one HC group of which only a few of our workers regularly used.   Our existing insurance covered anywhere you went.   The new OC plan you could only use one of the two Hospital systems in the area.

Thats not what I said. Plans bought off an exchange are exactly what I described.  And because none of your employees were unisurable doesnt mean that other people were not because I personally know many who couldnt get coverage or couldnt afford the ridiculous $20k a month premiums for the fuck you policy the insurance company put together.

The intent was to get everyone insured so more people didnt file bankruptcy due to medical bills (which drives premiums higher) or go into poverty or become SSI disabled which further drains publicly funded health care (AKA higher taxes AND higher premiums).

And as an employer you may already know what having an employee who fucks up your premiums because of medical issues is like. Its like "Hey we need to get rid of this mother fucker" because now all of your other employees co-pays are alot higher because of said employee. 

We have never been refused any prior covered services since the ACA kicked in. But... I have never purchased an HMO plan because they suck. We have only had PPO plans. Our union plans are also PPO. And nobody has lost their doctor or medical provider. 

28 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thats not what I said. Plans bought off an exchange are exactly what I described.  And because none of your employees were unisurable doesnt mean that other people were not because I personally know many who couldnt get coverage or couldnt afford the ridiculous $20k a month premiums for the fuck you policy the insurance company put together.

The intent was to get everyone insured so more people didnt file bankruptcy due to medical bills (which drives premiums higher) or go into poverty or become SSI disabled which further drains publicly funded health care (AKA higher taxes AND higher premiums).

And as an employer you may already know what having an employee who fucks up your premiums because of medical issues is like. Its like "Hey we need to get rid of this mother fucker" because now all of your other employees co-pays are alot higher because of said employee. 

We have never been refused any prior covered services since the ACA kicked in. But... I have never purchased an HMO plan because they suck. We have only had PPO plans. Our union plans are also PPO. And nobody has lost their doctor or medical provider. 

You are missing what I'm saying.   No need to drag it out.  :bc: