Check your account email address ×

Why are we releasing criminals

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

He’s failed all those. Do you live on the moon. Next thing you will be saying is Mexico is paying for the wall OR China is paying billions in tariffs.

Jesus you latched yourself to a fuckin moron.

That's what I said idiot. Read it again. 

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

kids should have been back in the classroom May 1. 

Lots of whining by teachers on facebook about how hard this is,  horseshit-  work 2-3 hours a day 4 days a week for full pay is a dream plus they are closing schools 2 weeks early.  .  

they should go right through the summer with the same schedule to make up for what they have lost. 

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

kids should have been back in the classroom May 1. 

Lots of whining by teachers on facebook about how hard this is,  horseshit-  work 2-3 hours a day 4 days a week for full pay is a dream plus they are closing schools 2 weeks early.  .  

No surprise, that's just a given for most of the public sector. 

10 minutes ago, frenchy said:

they should go right through the summer with the same schedule to make up for what they have lost. 

not sure if yous serious or not but..........eeeesh  you never sat in a classroom that wasnt air conditioned in 85-90+* heat hav ya?  some places that could work but others it would be torture.

1 minute ago, old indy said:

not sure if yous serious or not but..........eeeesh  you never sat in a classroom that wasnt air conditioned in 85-90+* heat hav ya?  some places that could work but others it would be torture.

I meant the way things are now. Teaching remotely.  

We all know teachers would have a fit and never agree to teaching through the summer, being they do what they do for the children and all....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I meant the way things are now. Teaching remotely.  

We all know teachers would have a fit and never agree to teaching through the summer, being they do what they do for the children and all....

I would actually say most do like the kids and want he best for them but the 75% work time for full time wages certainly helps.  I have 2 friends who became later in life teachers both leaving successful first careers.  They are really the kind of teachers I would prefer to see esp at a HS level.  Both took a 6 figure pay cut even coming in at dual masters degree pay scale.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I would actually say most do like the kids and want he best for them but the 75% work time for full time wages certainly helps.  I have 2 friends who became later in life teachers both leaving successful first careers.  They are really the kind of teachers I would prefer to see esp at a HS level.  Both took a 6 figure pay cut even coming in at dual masters degree pay scale.  

A few things...obviously I was supposed to be a teacher but Instead became a college educated painter which I am reminded of quite a bit here. :lol:

That being said and using my experiences in school as a reference there are a couple of things that should be changed in the education of teachers. The first one is the reduction of “education classes” and an increase in classes related to the students major/minor. IMO most of the classes that are supposed to teach students to teach are a massive waste of time and frankly just fucking stupid...the time would be better spent taking history, math, biology...ect... classes. Also require student teaching for a full school year and not just a semester and make sure that the supervising teachers are excellent and interested in helping the prospective teachers to learn...I had a good supervising teacher but I also did a short internship of sorts while going to school and that guy was your prototypical slacker teacher. First thing he said to me when I met him was do 

you know what the 3 best reasons to become a teacher are...June, July and August. 🤣

Also they should loosen the requirements are far as needing a “teaching certificate” as many professional people like AG mentioned would make excellent teachers and making them jump through a bunch of red tape hoops may discourage them and deprive students of some excellent learning opportunities.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A few things...obviously I was supposed to be a teacher but Instead became a college educated painter which I am reminded of quite a bit here. :lol:

That being said and using my experiences in school as a reference there are a couple of things that should be changed in the education of teachers. The first one is the reduction of “education classes” and an increase in classes related to the students major/minor. IMO most of the classes that are supposed to teach students to teach are a massive waste of time and frankly just fucking stupid...the time would be better spent taking history, math, biology...ect... classes. Also require student teaching for a full school year and not just a semester and make sure that the supervising teachers are excellent and interested in helping the prospective teachers to learn...I had a good supervising teacher but I also did a short internship of sorts while going to school and that guy was your prototypical slacker teacher. First thing he said to me when I met him was do 

you know what the 3 best reasons to become a teacher are...June, July and August. 🤣

Thank god..........  :lol: 

• Like 2