Check your account email address ×

Listen to how fucking stupid this is

1 minute ago, jtssrx said:

You don’t care about the policy because it doesn’t affect you!!! My wife along with management has to deal with staffing issues as a result of this madness. My wife is putting in crazy hours trying to work all this shit out. It’s lunacy 

what type of IT work do you do?

Its a good rule. Should have been implemented months ago across the entire country. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

You don’t care about the policy because it doesn’t affect you!!! My wife along with management has to deal with staffing issues as a result of this madness. My wife is putting in crazy hours trying to work all this shit out. It’s lunacy 

what type of IT work do you do?

I know people in our HR department, I haven't heard anything like that from them or anyone else so maybe it's issues with the credit union she works at?

On a side note, I know of some other banks who can't even have people working from home even though their jobs allow for it because they don't even have things setup for remote work, it's insane. This stuff exposes just how underfunded and/or shitty some places are managed, whether it be in IT or higher above. 

We are fully setup for 100% remote work even though that would basically never happen. We do have 55% of employees(few hundred) working from home though on any given day. 

I'm in Networking. Route/switch, firewall, DC, wireless, security, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I know people in our HR department, I haven't heard anything like that from them or anyone else so maybe it's issues with the credit union she works at?

On a side note, I know of some other banks who can't even have people working from home even though their jobs allow for it because they don't even have things setup for remote work, it's insane. This stuff exposes just how underfunded and/or shitty some places are managed, whether it be in IT or higher above. 

We are fully setup for 100% remote work even though that would basically never happen. We do have 55% of employees working from home though on any given day. 

I'm in Networking. Route/switch, firewall, DC, wireless, security, etc.

It’s really a Michigan problem because of the rules Cuntmer has instituted 

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Its a good rule. Should have been implemented months ago across the entire country. 

It’s not a good rule.... this entire thing is fucking stupid!!! The lockdowns the masks all of it fucking stupid 

30 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The entire state of Alaska has had this rule since the 3rd week of February. When You arrive in Alaska you are required to quarantine at home for 14 days (if you are a resident) or quarantine in a designated hotel for 14 days (for non residents). 

Air travel dropped to basically nothing and there are still very few cases of the CV in the state. 

Same as Maine

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

It’s really a Michigan problem because of the rules Cuntmer has instituted 

Sounds like it’s just another JT problem.

• Haha 1