Check your account email address ×

Original Bigfoot engine rebuild.

I watched it last night on Prime. It’s season 2 of The Engine Power series. It’s pretty cool. The motor is from the original Bigfoot truck. I’m not a monster truck fan, but that motor hadn’t been opened in 25 years and held some pretty cool surprises. Definitely not state of the art by today’s standards. It still pushed 800ish hp and torque after the refresh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

I watched it last night on Prime. It’s season 2 of The Engine Power series. It’s pretty cool. The motor is from the original Bigfoot truck. I’m not a monster truck fan, but that motor hadn’t been opened in 25 years and held some pretty cool surprises. Definitely not state of the art by today’s standards. It still pushed 800ish hp and torque after the refresh 

Thanks for the tip; I'm going to check that out :thumbsup:

I kind of grew up in that era when the tires were getting bigger and bigger on off road trucks. 35,36,38.5, 40, 44. Just kept getting bigger and more capable. Then he came out with that first Bigfoot and blew everyone’s mind. 

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

I kind of grew up in that era when the tires were getting bigger and bigger on off road trucks. 35,36,38.5, 40, 44. Just kept getting bigger and more capable. Then he came out with that first Bigfoot and blew everyone’s mind. 

And the buggies today at Monster Jam are just unreal.  12,000lbs. 1500hp. Can jump over 120’ in length and 25’ high. Can do double front flips and double back flips. Can ride a nose wheelie up a ramp blip the throttle and ride a tail wheelie down the back side. Full twisting barrel rolls 20’ in the air. 

Its hard to replicate some of these tricks with an RC monster truck. 

The show and presentation of Monster Jam these days is just unreal. 

12 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

And the buggies today at Monster Jam are just unreal.  12,000lbs. 1500hp. Can jump over 120’ in length and 25’ high. Can do double front flips and double back flips. Can ride a nose wheelie up a ramp blip the throttle and ride a tail wheelie down the back side. Full twisting barrel rolls 20’ in the air. 

Its hard to replicate some of these tricks with an RC monster truck. 

The show and presentation of Monster Jam these days is just unreal. 

If you got 20 minutes to kill, cool video 

1 hour ago, dz246 said:

If you got 20 minutes to kill, cool video 

That was cool. Ryan Anderson is a great driver. Not much real estate to work with there but the Hoonigan boys seemed very entertained.

Real life Monster Jam is on another level. There are hundreds of bad ass videos featuring every trick imaginable. The best part of seeing a show live is the really talented teams get to go toward the end of the freestyle show. The first few trucks are bad ass and then it just seems like every truck that follows them is doing more incredible tricks. Just when you think it couldn't get any better another truck comes along and lays down an incredible run with new tricks never seen before.  Its almost like these guys are hell bent on destroying their shit to put on a show. 

Edited by AKIQPilot