Check your account email address ×

If deficits don’t matter

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Lots of people I see every day wanted and agree with it.   Thank god I don't use this site as the metric for ideas. 

Because they are as uninformed as you no doubt, birds of a feather so to speak.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

They have seen how stimulus money works.  

So have I. Too bad Trump gave so much money to big companies that didn't need it instead of giving $2000.00 to laid off workers, but he's been outspending Obama from the start so why would it be different now.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

So have I. Too bad Trump gave so much money to big companies that didn't need it instead of giving $2000.00 to laid off workers, but he's been outspending Obama from the start so why would it be different now.

Most people I know and talk with understand exactly how a tax holiday would help everyone and would eliminate the fraud.  It would also eliminate any decision making when it comes to how any money was distributed.  IE, no favoritism and it would reward the taxpayers of this country who WORK and PAY TAXES. 

Most people I know and talk with understand exactly how a tax holiday would help everyone and would eliminate the fraud.  It would also eliminate any decision making when it comes to how any money was distributed.  IE, no favoritism and it would reward the taxpayers of this country who WORK and PAY TAXES. 

And it does NOTHING for the people who lost their jobs and are laid off, if you are still working and making your usual salary you don't need a break because you are in no different situation than you were before, and everything was wonderful, remember?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

And it does NOTHING for the people who lost their jobs and are laid off, if you are still working and making your usual salary you don't need a break because you are in no different situation than you were before, and everything was wonderful, remember?

Bullshit. FFS when are you going to realize that you pay TAXES on Unemployment Compensation..   Not to mention you can't fathom how many jobs would have been saved if the businesses also didn't have to pay.  I have no idea how someone can be so ignorant not to understand the results and effects of a tax holiday.

Edited by racer254

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Bullshit. FFS when are you going to realize that you pay TAXES on UE.   Not to mention you can't fathom how many jobs would have been saved if the businesses also didn't have to pay.  I have no idea how someone can be so ignorant not to understand the results and effects of a tax holiday.

Because the normal UE rate is less than your normal take home pay and $1200.00 tax free dollars is more than the tax burden many would have had if still working. You can't have people working if you were forced to shut down because you were nonessential, therefore a tax holiday would do nothing to keep people working if their company was shut down. 

I have no idea how anyone can de so thick that they can't grasp this simple concept.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Because the normal UE rate is less than your normal take home pay and $1200.00 tax free dollars is more than the tax burden many would have had if still working. You can't have people working if you were forced to shut down because you were nonessential, therefore a tax holiday would do nothing to keep people working if their company was shut down. 

I have no idea how anyone can de so thick that they can't grasp this simple concept.

OMG you are just dense.  Please give me a real world example of your fantasy.  I have explained how everyone would have been helped, but you just keep coming back to "oh but 1200 tax free dollars"  They are not tax free.  Get it.

Edited by racer254

29 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Your right he can’t think

OMG you are just dense.  Please give me a real world example of your fantasy.

A guy making 25000.00 a year, tax liability 1300.00 for a full year of work, gets laid off collects 75% of his wage his tax liability just went down, so he will now pay less than $1300.00, he also collects $1200.00 TAX FREE, it's a win for a laid off worker. 

A company is forced to shutdown because they are nonessential, workers can't work, a tax holiday doesn't help them keep working because they are shut down.   

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Obviously, a few here do not have the thought capacity to think beyond what the government tells them.   Nothing can possibly work without TAXES.

When absolutely no one agrees with you there's a really good chance you're wrong.

Just sayin..

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

A guy making 25000.00 a year, tax liability 1300.00 for a full year of work, gets laid off collects 75% of his wage his tax liability just went down, so he will now pay less than $1300.00, he also collects $1200.00 TAX FREE, it's a win for a laid off worker. 

A company is forced to shutdown because they are nonessential, workers can't work, a tax holiday doesn't help them keep working because they are shut down.   

Ok, so 25k is the point where people break even and then they get 30 plus weeks of Unemployment?   Providing these people actually get FULLY laid off. Most are only getting temporarily laid off or working part time.  That's a fine example for that specialized case and it only costs the taxpayers 12000 plus, at least that is about what the stimulus will cost.  And with a tax holiday you get rid of all the fraud and bullshit that people like Ben is complaining about.  FFS thanks for proving my point.  

image.png.0fa0076a7a4908eb670ddb1aca4cc3ec.png

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Ok, so 25k is the point where people break even?  Anyone making more than that is going to get a way better deal.  And you get rid of all the fraud and bullshit that people like Ben is complaining about.  FFS thanks for proving my point.  So do you have a small business example?

image.png.0fa0076a7a4908eb670ddb1aca4cc3ec.png

You missed the point, a guy making 25K working won't make 25k laid off, his tax liability will be less, plus the 1200.00 is TAX FREE. 

Now if you add the 600.00 per week for 4 months, and you don't think that will help a worker there is no help for you.  

If our country is going to print money and not pay it back I prefer it go to workers not big corps.

Please explain how a company forced to shut down could keep  workers, working because of a tax holiday, I'll wait.

17 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

You missed the point, a guy making 25K working won't make 25k laid off, his tax liability will be less, plus the 1200.00 is TAX FREE. 

Now if you add the 600.00 per week for 4 months, and you don't think that will help a worker there is no help for you.  

If our country is going to print money and not pay it back I prefer it go to workers not big corps.

Please explain how a company forced to shut down could keep  workers, working because of a tax holiday, I'll wait.

I edited my response.    You keep assuming 1200 is going to be tax free.  I have not heard that yet.  Many companies are not fully shut down.   Bars and Restaurants are having curbside pickup.   Maybe you have a hair salon that was shut down, but many other companies are still working from home.   It really doesn't matter, you got your 1200 and the stimulus you wanted and people are still complaining.   With a tax holiday, would they be complaining?    I just think relying on the government for a check is something they want, instead, maybe they should be rely on the workers for taxes.   The government convinces the people they are needed to survive when actually it's the other way around.  A tax holiday would have helped to push this concept as well as help people.

Edited by racer254

20 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I edited my response.    You keep assuming 1200 is going to be tax free.  I have not heard that yet.  Many companies are not fully shut down.   Bars and Restaurants are having curbside pickup.   Maybe you have a hair salon that was shut down, but many other companies are still working from home.   It really doesn't matter, you got your 1200 and the stimulus you wanted and people are still complaining.   With a tax holiday, would they be complaining?    I just think relying on the government for a check is something they want, instead, maybe they should be rely on the workers for taxes.   The government convinces the people they are needed to survive when actually it's the other way around.  A tax holiday would have helped to push this concept as well as help people.

It was stated tax free.     It does matter, we have gas stations, flower shops, clothing stores, construction companies, antique shops, detailing businesses, campgrounds, gun shops, jewelers, and many others that are shut down, workers laid off and the 1200.00 helps them to get as much or more in a tax free check as their yearly tax liability.  

A tax holiday does nothing to a shut down company, a laid off worker, getting 1200.00 helps them pay bills and it's tax free.

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

:news:   Nothing wrong with going after fraud.

In Trump's fiscal 2021 budget, he calls for a reduction in outlays to the Social Security program of $24 billion over the next decade. More than half of these savings would be derived from changes made to Social Security's Disability Insurance (SSDI) program.

The president's proposed "cut" to Social Security is of special concern to the 9.9 million people who received an SSDI benefit check last month. Of these 9.9 million people, almost 8.4 million are disabled workers, many of whom are reliant on the $1,258 a month that the program pays, on average.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/retirement/120516/social-security-fraud-what-it-costing-taxpayers.asp

According to the most recent statistics available, between 2004 and 2017, the Social Security Administration (SSA) admits to improper payments totaling $1.3 trillion. Retirement, survivors, disability insurance, and Supplemental Security Income were all involved. The use of fake or stolen Social Security numbers to obtain fraudulent tax refunds from the IRS also costs taxpayers billions each year, the IRS report

I see that got a good leaving alone 

3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

It was stated tax free.     It does matter, we have gas stations, flower shops, clothing stores, construction companies, antique shops, detailing businesses, campgrounds, gun shops, jewelers, and many others that are shut down, workers laid off and the 1200.00 helps them to get as much or more in a tax free check as their yearly tax liability.  

A tax holiday does nothing to a shut down company, a laid off worker, getting 1200.00 helps them pay bills and it's tax free.

Really?  And just what does giving them 1200 dollars do for their moral?   What does it do to actually help the mentality of the people of this country?   It gets them to RELY on government.   All they really needed was a tax holiday to teach them the value of working for a living.  Instead, you have people relying on the government.  FFS, when will people of this country ever fucking learn.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Really?  And just what does giving them 1200 dollars do for their moral?   What does it do to actually help the mentality of the people of this country?   It gets them to RELY on government.   All they really needed was a tax holiday to teach them the value of working for a living.  Instead, you have people relying on the government.  FFS, when will people of this country ever fucking learn.

Always a good feeling when you can pay your rent and feed your family or make a mortgage payment, and is nice to know that after years of paying taxes you are getting a fraction of the bailout that millionaires get the lion share of.  Just getting a rebate on what was paid in for years feels great!

12 hours ago, gravy davey said:

I see that got a good leaving alone 

Why focus on 2.2 BILLION per year in entitlement fraud when they just perpetrated 6 TRILLION dollars worth of fucking fraud right in front of us?