Check your account email address ×

Meet the former NYT reporter who is challenging the coronavirus narrative

• Platinum Contributing Member

:pc:

While I find myself somewhere between current policy and what he is saying he raises some valid points.   I know in Iowa hospitals are stressed far less now than under normal circumstances.   Yes I know we've sent people home that wouldn't normally and elective procedures are not being done but IN SOME AREA's of the country I think this could be handled somewhat differently or come back to a more normal way of life quicker. 

Talking with customers in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area of NC it seems they are seeing something similar to what we are in Iowa.   Our infected cases keep going up rapidly but our hospitalizations actually went down today.   Yes I know someone just tested positive might not need to be in the hospital for a while but our hospitalization total has stayed relatively level from 500 positive cases to over 1200.   The vast majority of our deaths are older and over 40% from nursing homes.       

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

Now he’s turned to challenging the narratives on the response to the coronavirus. What Berenson is promoting isn’t coronavirus denialism, or conspiracy theories about plots to curb liberties. Instead what Berenson is claiming is simple: the models guiding the response were wrong and that it is becoming clearer by the day.

"In February I was worried about the virus. By mid-March I was more scared about the economy. But now I’m starting to get genuinely nervous," he tweeted this week. "This isn’t complicated. The models don’t work. The hospitals are empty. WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT INDEFINITE LOCKDOWNS?"

Hospitals, of course, are not empty in places like hard-hit New York City, and tales are widespread of overburdened doctors and emergency rooms. Berenson acknowledged as much in the interview Thursday.

My sis is a critical care doctor in Madison and they have lots of unused capacity.  They implemented their pandemic protocols for the first time ever but fortunately haven't had an overwhelming case load.

Countermeasures are doing their job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

My sis is a critical care doctor in Madison and they have lots of unused capacity.  They implemented their pandemic protocols for the first time ever but fortunately haven't had an overwhelming case load.

Countermeasures are doing their job.

That and they are having people stay at home with mild cases of Covid 19, I know in this area they only want the cases that absolutely need to be in a hospital.

Also elective treatments are way down, I have a pinched nerve that has been painful along with weakening my left arm and numbing my litte finger and the one next to it, the doc wants to do an EMG.....fuck it I'll wait till this blows over, I want no part of doctoring right now unless it's absolutely neccessary.

The USA is imploding, and the Chinks didn't have ta' fire one bullet!!! 

I blame Trump for this shit. He didn't have to be such a fukkin cunt with the Chinese. Could have accomplished the trade deal, without making such a fukkin EGO TRIP out of it!!

Again, the fukker caused us more grief.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

That and they are having people stay at home with mild cases of Covid 19, I know in this area they only want the cases that absolutely need to be in a hospital.

Also elective treatments are way down, I have a pinched nerve that has been painful along with weakening my left arm and numbing my litte finger and the one next to it, the doc wants to do an EMG.....fuck it I'll wait till this blows over, I want no part of doctoring right now unless it's absolutely neccessary.

this

12 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Good call.  :bc:

• Thanks 1