Check your account email address ×

NYC Outbreak Traced Back To Europe

We were just talking in the office, i guess there is some test you can take to see if you already had COVID and its $50. We are trying to see about getting tested because I think it already came thru here. My son was very sick late Jan early Feb and the high school was running with about 50% attendance for a few weeks because so many kids were out sick. The school even issued a memo to parents about keeping their kids home if they displayed certain symptoms it was so bad. Also a guy in my office got viral pneumonia and was in ICU for a week, he almost died so now we are kinda thinking maybe he had COVID. This was in Feb also

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, Anler said:

We were just talking in the office, i guess there is some test you can take to see if you already had COVID and its $50. We are trying to see about getting tested because I think it already came thru here. My son was very sick late Jan early Feb and the high school was running with about 50% attendance for a few weeks because so many kids were out sick. The school even issued a memo to parents about keeping their kids home if they displayed certain symptoms it was so bad. Also a guy in my office got viral pneumonia and was in ICU for a week, he almost died so now we are kinda thinking maybe he had COVID. This was in Feb also

Honestly I think there were strains in the US in December.  Likely lots of people with pneumonia or bronchitis during those months that were never tested.   My brother was sick as hell and tested neg for influenza a and b in late December.  Had all the symptoms but the taste and smell. 

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

I remember you talking about that guy at your work

Just now, Highmark said:

Honestly I think there were strains in the US in December.  

I could be wrong for sure but like I said it was a very unique set of circumstances this year. There had never been that many kids out of school at one time before. And then the guy in our office getting hospitalized with viral pneumonia at the same time? Just a hunch but all of the symptoms were there. Jet airliners are just giant petri dishes and it wouldnt have taken much to get it here and running wild. 

Just now, Anler said:

I could be wrong for sure but like I said it was a very unique set of circumstances this year. There had never been that many kids out of school at one time before. And then the guy in our office getting hospitalized with viral pneumonia at the same time? Just a hunch but all of the symptoms were there. Jet airliners are just giant petri dishes and it wouldnt have taken much to get it here and running wild. 

My only reservation is seeing the spike we've seen here in March.   If there was a strain here earlier than they are telling us it wasn't as contagious.  

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I remember you talking about that guy at your work

I sent him home from the office because he looked like death, mind you he is already pretty unhealthy. He called his doctor who issued him a prescription for an inhaler. He left here to go pick it up and the pharmacy called an ambulance to pick him up. he went into cardiac arrest at the pharmacy. We had no idea, Monday morning he doesnt show up to work and his phone is going straight to voice mail. Its not like him to not show up or call so we went looking for him. Not at his house, family hasnt heard from him. We all started calling hospitals and found him at one of the local hospitals in ICU. He had been there unconscious since Friday morning. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

My only reservation is seeing the spike we've seen here in March.   If there was a strain here earlier than they are telling us it wasn't as contagious.  

Thats just it, the area where I live only has like 300 reported cases in the entire county. This would have been before it was being tested. Nobody around where I live is sick or coming up positive. But in Illinois and Chicago there is a shitload of cases still popping up. We are only separated by an invisible border so we arent hundreds of miles away, we would have the same exposure since a significant amount of the people in my county work in Illinois and Chicago. 

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:dunno:  I think alot of it has to do with lack of testing prior

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Thats just it, the area where I live only has like 300 reported cases in the entire county. This would have been before it was being tested. Nobody around where I live is sick or coming up positive. But in Illinois and Chicago there is a shitload of cases still popping up. We are only separated by an invisible border so we arent hundreds of miles away, we would have the same exposure since a significant amount of the people in my county work in Illinois and Chicago. 

I think once this shakes out researchers will know if the virus made an earlier appearance in some areas and where it came from which will be important information so we can stop this type of thing from happening again. We were all concerned with shutting down travel from China (which still hasn't happened) meanwhile we were getting infected from Europe and England. 

Just now, Anler said:

:dunno:  I think alot of it has to do with lack of testing prior

I'm talking about the deaths spiking so quickly.

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

I sent him home from the office because he looked like death, mind you he is already pretty unhealthy. He called his doctor who issued him a prescription for an inhaler. He left here to go pick it up and the pharmacy called an ambulance to pick him up. he went into cardiac arrest at the pharmacy. We had no idea, Monday morning he doesnt show up to work and his phone is going straight to voice mail. Its not like him to not show up or call so we went looking for him. Not at his house, family hasnt heard from him. We all started calling hospitals and found him at one of the local hospitals in ICU. He had been there unconscious since Friday morning. 

Oh fuck!! thats some shit, had to be kinda stressful in the office wondering what was going on with him... he is back to work??

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I'm talking about the deaths spiking so quickly.

Well all of those charts about deaths from cold and flu and heart attacks could be something else too. It just wasnt known and we wont know at this point unless someone starts doing autopsies but who has time for that right now. Like I said, dude in the office almost died from "Viral pneumonia". Was it tho? 

Just now, Anler said:

Well all of those charts about deaths from cold and flu and heart attacks could be something else too. It just wasnt known and we wont know at this point unless someone starts doing autopsies but who has time for that right now. Like I said, dude in the office almost died from "Viral pneumonia". Was it tho? 

Oh I'm in agreement with you.....like I said my only reservation and its small is the rapid expansion of deaths.