Check your account email address ×

Today's Ride

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

What happened to " todays joke" threads ?

I do run out of jokes sometimes..been kinda busy too, getting ready for Spring/Summer funsies.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

2 of us on 25+ mile atv ride today, surprised how much snow is still on some trails and fire lanes. I'll post a couple pics later.

if you get the 6 they are forecasting you could get 2 more sled run in 

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

if you get the 6 they are forecasting you could get 2 more sled run in 

Trails in the National Forest are closed now, we were on Fire Lanes.

Edited by XCR1250

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah I never ride trails in your parts . always the logging swamps  and Alf line etc 

The ELF line?? The old Navy Military antenna base? If so that's just on the other side of this Lake and where a couple of those pics I posted are from.

Edited by XCR1250

10 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Looks fun Don. Does it go in the snow as good as you had hoped?  

Well, I haven't been stuck yet although I've avoided deep snow, less than 1.5 feet I guess. Gets a little loose at times, feels like it wants to spin out.

Edited by XCR1250

33 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Well, I haven't been stuck yet although I've avoided deep snow, less than 1.5 feet I guess. Gets a little loose at times, feels like it wants to spin out.

They're a handful in deep snow when you get hung up lol. I thought I'd cut thru the snow in front of the house and didn't make it. Good thing it was at home and I could hook onto the truck and winch it out. 

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

They're a handful in deep snow when you get hung up lol. I thought I'd cut thru the snow in front of the house and didn't make it. Good thing it was at home and I could hook onto the truck and winch it out. 

Something I haven't bought yet, but are front winches and mounting plates available for them? Preferably non-oem.

I've got the 4500 lb Superwinch on mine. I'd look on Amazon or E-bay for prices then get the mounting plate at an aftermarket seller or dealer. The last Warn 3500lb I bought a couple years ago for an atv was $229 from Amazon 

27 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Polaris XP 1000 2 seater.

No problem getting a winch or mounting plate for it. The plate is $60-$70 and winch prices are all over the place. I looked on the internet and theres Warn, Superwinch, Champion, Polaris etc etc. 

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

The ELF line?? The old Navy Military antenna base? If so that's just on the other side of this Lake and where a couple of those pics I posted are from.

yep some fun stuff off that crazy federal submarine detection project in the WI Northwoods.