Check your account email address ×

Afraid the gap between kids will widen.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Some of my employee's are livid with the local school district.   School closed for the next 4 weeks minimum and likely the remainder of the year but will not in any way shape or form try to school from home.   Reason....schools are concerned the gap will widen between kids.   I think this is fucking insane.  The gap widens every single day with or without school when parents neglect their kids education.   Its not the parents fault to who ensure the kids are doing the work and putting the effort in to learn a the correct level.   Punish everyone mentality is fucking stupid. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Some of my employee's are livid with the local school district.   School closed for the next 4 weeks minimum and likely the remainder of the year but will not in any way shape or form try to school from home.   Reason....schools are concerned the gap will widen between kids.   I think this is fucking insane.  The gap widens every single day with or without school when parents neglect their kids education.   Its not the parents fault to who ensure the kids are doing the work and putting the effort in to learn a the correct level.   Punish everyone mentality is fucking stupid. 

our local schools are set to go on line . but for some reason the kids have to be out of school for 2 weeks before they can start ? fucking stupid . I guess for the prob 3 kids who don't have a computer the schools are sending tablets to kids who need them .

I guess a lot of schools had a framework on place for kids who say got sick or had to stay home for any reason for long stints.  just expanded that system I guess .

all I know is they said they were ready but can't start legaly for 2 weeks 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It is stupid. A successful school district is one where many of the parents are involved in their kids education.

Generally a much higher percentage in private schools and no they don't have to be high cost ones. 

Fuck the kids, close the schools and send everyone home. I mean really what is going to happen to them? Get out of the schools so I can start my summer projects early and get the economy moving! 

48 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It is stupid. A successful school district is one where many of the parents are involved in their kids education.

Rich kids dont have to worry about much. Close the schools