Check your account email address ×

which ATV would you go with ?

Ok.   Sportsman 850 and 1000  very similar prices maybe off by $200 or so. 

Sportsman 850 with Elka stage 4 shocks ( 2020 for this one )  or  Sportsman 1000 but with stock shocks, no Elka shocks. ( leftover 2019 on this unit ) 

I have been told 850 is similar to 1000 up to around 50 MPH then 1000 will feel stronger and more powerful above 50+  and the guys in the shop rest assured me it would be day and night better than 09 850's which was 1st year for 850s I believe so. 

Edited by Beavis and Butt-Head

I've had an 850 &now  2 1000's, my 1000 is what's called a "Limited" (says Limited on the headlite pod, both sides) it has 30 position clicker gas shocks, hot grips & thumb warmer, winch, front box, all stock equipment.

The 850 was very good and had basically  scratch free plastic body, Camo, was trouble free, the 1000's are about 6-8 mph faster in the same distance.

10 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Ok.   Sportsman 850 and 1000  very similar prices maybe off by $200 or so. 

Sportsman 850 with Elka stage 4 shocks ( 2020 for this one )  or  Sportsman 1000 but with stock shocks, no Elka shocks. ( leftover 2019 on this unit ) 

I have been told 850 is similar to 1000 up to around 50 MPH then 1000 will feel stronger and more powerful above 50+  and the guys in the shop rest assured me it would be day and night better than 09 850's which was 1st year for 850s I believe so. 

my bud goes thrugh a lot of belts on his 1000 and they are sort of a bitch to replace . 

25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

my bud goes thrugh a lot of belts on his 1000 and they are sort of a bitch to replace . 

Must be something going on, I have over 3,000 miles on my 1000, 2,000+miles on the wife's, never needed a belt change and we plow snow with both 1000's.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Must be something going on, I have over 3,000 miles on my 1000, 2,000+miles on the wife's, never needed a belt change and we plow snow with both 1000's.

well to be fair my bud is a maniac but at least 2 a yr in that 1000

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

well to be fair my bud is a maniac but at least 2 a yr in that 1000

That's weird, you would think plowing snow would ruin belts faster than driving like a maniac..:dunno:I think he has an alignment issue, I had that happen on my 500 Sportsman, went thru several belts in a couple years.

I had an old Honda 350, a new 800 Outlander, and a new Poo 400. 

The one that was a piece of shit, was the big Outty.

Shitty brakes, shitty boxed sheet metal frame, worthless shocks. Fukkin valve failed on me, ruined engine.

I will NEVER buy another BRP product again. I lost THOUSANDS on my BRP garbage.