Check your account email address ×

Another death plane?

23 hours ago, spin_dry said:

777 is an amazing workhorse.  I love sitting forward of the wing and watching those massive GE90s spin up.  It's insane how large those engines are.

I don't believe there's been a single loss of life incident with the 777 that wasn't a result of pilot error or the plane being shot down.  Only fatalities on 777 were the two Malaysia Airlines planes, and the Asiana plane that came in too low at SFO and crashed a few years ago.

Looking forward to the 777x.  Unfortunately I don't think United has ordered any yet.

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

777 is an amazing workhorse.  I love sitting forward of the wing and watching those massive GE90s spin up.  It's insane how large those engines are.

I don't believe there's been a single loss of life incident with the 777 that wasn't a result of pilot error or the plane being shot down.  Only fatalities on 777 were the two Malaysia Airlines planes, and the Asiana plane that came in too low at SFO and crashed a few years ago.

Looking forward to the 777x.  Unfortunately I don't think United has ordered any yet.

It’s been pretty well established that Boeing has some major quality issues. I want to see them fix their shit as I’m invested in the company. You’ll find lots of stories of planes, especially military, being delivered with tools and various components floating loose in the planes. 

With the 737 maxes, weren’t pilots reporting the issues early on?  Seems like issues that could have been addressed had they just delayed the release of the planes and invested a little more time in fixing it.  But the push for profits won’t allow that.  All in all, companies have just gotten far too niggardly in my opinion.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, XC.Morrison said:

With the 737 maxes, weren’t pilots reporting the issues early on?  Seems like issues that could have been addressed had they just delayed the release of the planes and invested a little more time in fixing it.  But the push for profits won’t allow that.  All in all, companies have just gotten far too niggardly in my opinion.  

I read a story about pilots from Malaysia Air reporting problems early on and Boeing dismissing  them as idiots or something similar. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I read a story about pilots from Malaysia Air reporting problems early on and Boeing dismissing  them as idiots or something similar. 

Boing's own employees were saying there were problems before release.

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Boing's own employees were saying there were problems before release.

Some of that email and text correspondence was pretty damning.  Even if you add in whatever disgruntled or hyperbole equation there may have been to them. I mean, still.....holy shit!

”Would you let your family fly on one of these things?”

”No fucking way.”

• Like 1