Check your account email address ×

Anybody familiar with this CAT?

Just now, awful knawful said:

Being a Doo guy. Anything with machs on the side was a POS.

The 1000 was sweet though. When they ran. Probably still the fastest stock 2 stroke made and got really good fuel economy 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

What happens to the chassis? Bearings, idlers, shocks?????

It's all junk front to back. Cat engineering is like 3 meth heads taking apart a microwave and then trying to put it back together

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You want the ACE 600 nutty....its a proven motor that gets 30mpg and you cant even hear the fucker run.

You thought your machz was a nightmare.....a fucking procross chassis sled is like owning 2 machs and a 900 fusion

Yeah the MACh was king of the lakes...………...WHEN IT RAN RIGHT!!! 

Way too much trouble. I want smooth, quiet, dependable. 

6 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

The 1000 was sweet though. When they ran. Probably still the fastest stock 2 stroke made and got really good fuel economy 

Didn't those fukkers scream??? Holy shit, I use to cruise the shoreline of Lake Massabesic wating for victims to hit the lake. They would be cruisin' like 70 or 80, and I would run up on them from nowhere!! 

The 1000 would close in on sleds so fast, that it was actually dangerous. The acceleration around 60 or so, once you had good traction was blinding. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Didn't those fukkers scream??? Holy shit, I use to cruise the shoreline of Lake Massabesic wating for victims to hit the lake. They would be cruisin' like 70 or 80, and I would run up on them from nowhere!! 

The 1000 would close in on sleds so fast, that it was actually dangerous. The acceleration around 60 or so, once you had good traction was blinding. 

Yeah it’s too bad. The biggest issues with the really bad air box and terrible wiring. That’s where all those sleds issues came from. 

doo said the XP 800 would beat the Mach but it seriously wasn’t even a race after 60 mph. 

2 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Yeah it’s too bad. The biggest issues with the really bad air box and terrible wiring. That’s where all those sleds issues came from. 

doo said the XP 800 would beat the Mach but it seriously wasn’t even a race after 60 mph. 

If someone told me a good-running MACH 1000 could beat a turbo Winder on a flat-out lake run, I would believe it. 

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

If someone told me a good-running MACH 1000 could beat a turbo Winder on a flat-out lake run, I would believe it. 

Stock? Maybe. That 1000 never quit pulling 

5 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Air box, FUEL PUMPS, and wiring, yup. I also think the oil pumps were set TOO LOW from the factory. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Air box, FUEL PUMPS, and wiring, yup. I also think the oil pumps were set TOO LOW from the factory. 

The grounds were all wrong and caused the system to go amperage hunting, often resulting in low fuel pressure and other issues. 

600 ace FTW! Super reliable sled, much more proven than the Chinese Cat motor. 30 mpg, whisper quiet. I’ve been looking for one but they hold their value like crazy. Hard to find a decent one under $4500. You have to get the 2011-2015ish though...the new ones have throttle by wire and it sucks on a low hp sled like that.

• Like 1