.75 seconds gain with just a tune

You lose again you dick biting moron 

Just now, f7ben said:

I posted that as well dumb fuck

.75 seconds gain with just a tune

You lose again you dick biting moron 

And will get gaped by anyone who knows what they’re doing :lol: 

do you know why?

Obviously, like others have noted, clutchcalibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fairamount of clutch weight to keep rpm at a reasonnable level

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

And will get gaped by anyone who knows what they’re doing :lol: 

do you know why?

Obviously, like others have noted, clutchcalibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fairamount of clutch weight to keep rpm at a reasonnable level

You said no gains

.75 seconds is a huge gain

You got owned hard

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Obviously, like others have noted, clutchcalibration needs to be set for the maximum anticipated power level. In this case it is 30psi, As you can imagine, this requires a fairamount of clutch weight to keep rpm at a reasonnable leve

what you copied from him backed us up :lol: 

Let me see if I can help you understand what Ben is saying.  

On a typical mountain sled you want to clutch for the altitude you will be playing at most that day.  Say that's 8000' and you clutch it light for 8000' because you have about 20% less HP at 8000' than you do at 1000'.  You clutched light and made max power at 8300 RPM.  As you get back down from elevation you're making more HP and your clutching is too light allowing the engine to over rev.  To compensate you back off the timing and reduce the RPM and HP.  Same clutching, reduced RPM, similar or slightly more HP with reduced timing.  

A centrifugal clutch responds solely to RPM.  An engine making 150HP at 8000rpm could surely use the same clutching to a similar motor making 250HP at 9000rpm.  This is basic tuning.  Is the clutching perfect on both sleds, No but its close enough for the average guy out playing on the lake or on the trails.  Perfect clutching is a fairy tale.  There are tradeoffs across the entire temperature and altitude range unless you're boosted.  

Ben is correct about this.  It's fairly easy to see for most people.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

On a typical mountain sled you want to clutch for the altitude you will be playing at most that day.  Say that's 8000' and you clutch it light for 8000' because you have about 20% less HP at 8000' than you do at 1000'.  You clutched light and made max power at 8300 RPM.  As you get back down from elevation you're making more HP and your clutching is too light allowing the engine to over rev.  To compensate you back off the timing and reduce the RPM and HP.  Same clutching, reduced RPM, similar or slightly more HP with reduced timing.  

A centrifugal clutch responds solely to RPM.  An engine making 150HP at 8000rpm could surely use the same clutching to a similar motor making 250HP at 9000rpm.  This is basic tuning.  Is the clutching perfect on both sleds, No but its close enough for the average guy out playing on the lake or on the trails.  Perfect clutching is a fairy tale.  There are tradeoffs across the entire temperature and altitude range unless you're boosted.  

It can work to far greater extremes than that as well

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yes it will drive we’ve covered that 

Just now, f7ben said:

Just kill yourself.....you look so retarded

I’m not the one who copy and pasted this which backs everyone up and you keep ignoring it :lol: 

Absolutely true but I'm not the one here referencing perfect clutching as the only way to make a sled go good.   

Hes dumber than Dave.....at least Dave knew when to cut bait

Absolutely true but I'm not the one here referencing perfect clutching as the only way to make a sled go good.   

I’m not sure I used the word perfect 

however Stock clutching with an added 180 hp is most certainly quite imperfect 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Neither have you for that matter 

Im really surprised Tom is taking Bens side on this.

Dont ever pm me text me or call me again got dammit Tom!!!!!!!

:lol: :lmao: :lol2:

6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I’m not sure I used the word perfect 

however Stock clutching with an added 180 hp is most certainly quite imperfect 

Nope...but stock clutching on some machines with 80hp added can work quite well