Check your account email address ×

450/510

BOHICA

Nooo fucking way a 10K bumper load pulls behind a 1/2 ton worth a shit.  HD is the only way to go to not be shitting kittens in anything but flat, calm, perfect driving conditions.  

Diesel or gas is another subject and depends what you are doing with it most of the time IMO.  

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Most people will really over estimate what they pull.  Diesel truck owners are the worst.  You ask them what they are towing and they always tell you gcwr capabilites when you ask them how much weight they are pulling.  They only know axle capacities and not actually what your pulling.  

Under 10k ready to roll.... 1/2 ton towable for reference to measure a load.....  this weight pulls well behind a 1/2 ton ecoboost.  Just as well vs an hd diesel

IMG_2835.PNG

We have a weigh scale just outside of yorkton....im go there often just for shits and giggles....last time i went was before my wife left for her last Alberta run....she was just over 10k on the rear axle of the truck alone..... :lol:

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Dave said:

We have a weigh scale just outside of yorkton....im go there often just for shits and giggles....last time i went was before my wife left for her last Alberta run....she was just over 10k on the rear axle of the truck alone..... :lol:

Camper in the back?

4 minutes ago, sledderj said:

Nooo fucking way a 10K bumper load pulls behind a 1/2 ton worth a shit.  HD is the only way to go to not be shitting kittens in anything but flat, calm, perfect driving conditions.  

Diesel or gas is another subject and depends what you are doing with it most of the time IMO.  

Ive pulled some with the eco boost....it pulls nice....but on the same trip pulling the same load with a 5.0 truck....the 5.0 took 7-15 litres less each fill up.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Camper in the back?

Yup...camper weighs 1900 dry which it is cause its cold.....trailer was just over 11k..... I said if you get nailed its gonna be expensive. :lol:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Yup...camper weighs 1900 dry which it is cause its cold.....trailer was just over 11k..... I said if you get nailed its gonna be expensive. :lol:

Ya.  That is outside the rear axle weight rating for a 1 to dually ram.  Let me guess she was on a 1-2 foot reciever stinger hitch as well that is rated for about 6k in trailer weight.

Edited by BOHICA

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ya.  That is outside the rear axle weight rating for a 1 to dually ram.  Let me guess she was on a 1-2 foot reciever stinger hitch as well that is rated for about 6k in trailer weight.

Nope..solid steel with a 15k ball....truck is a 9ft flat deck....no extension needed for trailer with camper on. If she wants to continue using truck camper i will get one just for flatdecks.

Edited by Dave

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ive pulled some with the eco boost....it pulls nice....but on the same trip pulling the same load with a 5.0 truck....the 5.0 took 7-15 litres less each fill up.

I pulled my 10,000 lb camper for about a mile this summer from my place at the lake to a storage compound.  It instantly sacked the back of my F150 right out, the trailer jack dragged in the gravel the whole way. :lol:  Brought the camper back to the city a month later with our one ton and the back end didn't sag one bit after I hooked it up.  No bouncing, swaying or drama at all on the drive back either.  Same deal when we have taken load leveled, air bagged half tons into the mountains with an enclosed 4 place.  Power isn't really the issue, the HD trucks are just much more stable and relaxing to drive when loaded.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Like my Ford with the 5.0. Still think I'll stay away from the Eco boost.  

I did have the rear defrost stop working on it though.  Pos.... :lol: 

If you keep it past warranty its probably the best bet imo. :bc:

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, sledderj said:

I pulled my 10,000 lb camper for about a mile this summer from my place at the lake to a storage compound.  It instantly sacked the back of my F150 right out, the trailer jack dragged in the gravel the whole way. :lol:  Brought the camper back to the city a month later with our one ton and the back end didn't sag one bit after I hooked it up.  No bouncing, swaying or drama at all on the drive back either.  Same deal when we have taken load leveled, air bagged half tons into the mountains with an enclosed 4 place.  Power isn't really the issue, the HD trucks are just much more stable and relaxing to drive when loaded.  

Ran 9k travel trailer the raptor for 1000's of miles out west and in the mountains.  Just a load level spring added to the suspension.  Did just as well as the 2011 f350 6.7 powerstroke the raptor replace.  Only difference is the power stroke i would pull in overdrive and the raptor i would lock into 5th....  natural aspirated trucks need a little help at our elevations.  But other then that and using the load distribution hitch that i used on the 1 ton that was the only difference and pulled similar.  Both were cruise set at 75mph and sit back.  I used the load distrubution hitch on the 1 ton as well.  My halfton would squat front and rear just over a 1/2 inch more then the 1 ton front and rear.

Edited by BOHICA

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Ran 9k travel trailer the raptor for 1000's of miles out west and in the mountains.  Just a load level spring added to the suspension.  Did just as well as the 2011 f350 6.7 powerstroke the raptor replace.  Only difference is the power stroke i would pull in overdrive and the raptor i would lock into 5th....  natural aspirated trucks need a little help at our elevations.  But other then that and using the load distribution hitch that i used on the 1 ton that was the only difference and pulled similar.  Both were cruise set at 75mph and sit back.  I used the load distrubution hitch on the 1 ton as well.  My halfton would squat front and rear just over a 1/2 inch more then the 1 ton front and rear.

:lol:

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Dave said:

:lol:

In my towing experience i only got the trucks trailer sway control once and that was on pupose cause i was sure it worked cause i never experienced what it does.  So as i was coming off lookout pass on I-90 entering montana where it changes from 55 mph to 80 as you enter montana i did s little sawing on the wheel to get the trailer to swaying.  Clicking started, braking, throttle were pretty much gone and a light flashed on the dash and the thing straightened way out.  

Really not much difference other the the 1/2 ton will stop everything in a shorter distance due to weighing a ton less

Edited by BOHICA

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

I paid cash for my new sled, my Hybrid trailer and all my vehicles. Sorry about your butthurt. :lol:

It's really nice working 45 hours or less a week and still being able to stash a lot of money away and pay for all my other stuff so that way I actually have time to enjoy it. :bc:

Did you have to sweep floors 74 hours a week to do that though? :lol: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

In my towing experience i only got the trucks trailer sway control once and that was on pupose cause i was sure it worked cause i never experienced what it does.  So as i was coming off lookout pass on I-90 entering montana where it changes from 55 mph to 80 as you enter montana i did s little sawing on the wheel to get the trailer to swaying.  Clicking started, braking, throttle were pretty much gone and a light flashed on the dash and the thing straightened way out.  

Really not much difference other the the 1/2 ton will stop everything in a shorter distance due to weighing a ton less

:lol: my engine and exhaust brakes disagree with you....

4 minutes ago, bussman said:

Putting that much weight on semi floating axles. :lol: 

1/2 ton clowns are twice the idiots of diesel flat brimmers. :lol: 

Im starting to think hes trolling.

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I get the sway control on my F150 kicking in without a trailer even being hooked up to it. :lol:

You are off in your own little universe on this subject.  

Just now, sledderj said:

I get the sway control on my F150 kicking in without a trailer even being hooked up to it. :lol:

He's a lineman. You should see it in person, they think they know it all.....but don't. :lol: 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, bussman said:

Putting that much weight on semi floating axles. :lol: 

1/2 ton clowns are twice the idiots of diesel flat brimmers. :lol: 

So the weight added to a truck from a 10k trailer is equal to Dave jumping in the back holding your head.  Like 1000-1500 lbs that is it.  With a proper setup load distribution it is less then that as the tongue weight is spread out between the trailer and truck.  Semi Float axle troubles from pulling a trailer!!!!  You must have got your mechanic certs the same place I did...  The US army where 9 out of 10 trained military mechanics can put together a spit ring tire with out blowing a fucking cage to pieces.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, sledderj said:

That isnt your trailer sway control kicking in....  

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So the weight added to a truck from a 10k trailer is equal to Dave jumping in the back holding your head.  Like 1000-1500 lbs that is it.  With a proper setup load distribution it is less then that as the tongue weight is spread out between the trailer and truck.  Semi Float axle troubles from pulling a trailer!!!!  You must have got your mechanic certs the same place I did...  The US army where 9 out of 10 trained military mechanics can put together a spit ring tire with out blowing a fucking cage to pieces.

Ok then, transfer it to the weak ass front axle bearings. :lol: 

And you were a nerd 2nd shop oil changer, I was a real mechanic. :owned: 

Edited by bussman

1 minute ago, bussman said:

He's a lineman. You should see it in person, they think they know it all.....but don't. :lol: 

Oh geez i should of guessed....Asled on HCS is one as well....and he really thinks he knows everything. :lol:

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

:lol: fuck busses head isnt that big