Check your account email address ×

mouse in the house

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Polaris 550 said:

I have old, wood garage and barn. I trap and poison 24/7, 365. 

Worst thing is if they die, and start to smell, or the maggots are on them.

I go through hundreds of latex gloves from HD, to pick them up. Sometimes I bury them, sometimes I throw them in the trash...............they stink something horrible, I have to double-bag them if I put them in the trash. 

I have every kind of trap, even that SPINNING ROD style. 

I use PEANUT BUTTER  for the mice. I also use black oil sunflower seeds for the chipmunks and squirrels. 

It's NEVER-ENDING. A mouse can get through a hole the size of a DIME. That's what I have read. 

Whatever you do, DON'T use poison in your house! If they die where you can't get them, your house will smell for 6-8 weeks something horrible. 

The SECRET to trapping mice, is to have NUMEROUS traps, with fresh peanut butter on them. Don't depend on just one trap per area. 

Yep dead mouse in the wall fucking sucks.  

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

It's not so bad until they look at you with those sad little eyes and they start squeaking for mercy.

We got a video of us eating Thanksgiving dinner when I was HS or college.   The old man loved to film those things for whatever reason I don't know.   Cool to have them now.   Anyway while we were eating a mouse came out that someone noticed and headed to an old snap trap.   We all got silent and watched it go over and get snapped and we all cheered.  

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

I was talking with sales rep yesterday. His house is invested with a colony of brown bats. He was told at least $4500 to get rid of them and clean up.

Wow.   That sucks.   Use to chase them out of a hole in the old corn crib into a running lawn mower.   :lol:  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

We got a video of us eating Thanksgiving dinner when I was HS or college.   The old man loved to film those things for whatever reason I don't know.   Cool to have them now.   Anyway while we were eating a mouse came out that someone noticed and headed to an old snap trap.   We all got silent and watched it go over and get snapped and we all cheered.  

:lol:

Just now, Highmark said:

Wow.   That sucks.   Use to chase them out of a hole in the old corn crib into a running lawn mower.   :lol:  

Brown bats around here are somewhat protected. There's some type of blight that devastated their population.

6 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

Brown bats around here are somewhat protected. There's some type of blight that devastated their population.

Meant mice.   I'd get rid of bats.   Rabies carrying pieces of shit.  

31 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I have old, wood garage and barn. I trap and poison 24/7, 365. 

Worst thing is if they die, and start to smell, or the maggots are on them.

I go through hundreds of latex gloves from HD, to pick them up. Sometimes I bury them, sometimes I throw them in the trash...............they stink something horrible, I have to double-bag them if I put them in the trash. 

I have every kind of trap, even that SPINNING ROD style. 

I use PEANUT BUTTER  for the mice. I also use black oil sunflower seeds for the chipmunks and squirrels. 

It's NEVER-ENDING. A mouse can get through a hole the size of a DIME. That's what I have read. 

Whatever you do, DON'T use poison in your house! If they die where you can't get them, your house will smell for 6-8 weeks something horrible. 

The SECRET to trapping mice, is to have NUMEROUS traps, with fresh peanut butter on them. Don't depend on just one trap per area. 

Ya u aren't a weird duck lmao  YOU ONLY USE PEANUT BUTTER FOR YOUR DOG lmfao  !!! 

42 minutes ago, 800 Dragon said:

Ya u aren't a weird duck lmao  YOU ONLY USE PEANUT BUTTER FOR YOUR DOG lmfao  !!! 

The " OWNERSHIP " I'VE HANDED YOU for 8 years is unbearable isn't it?  LMAO!! God, I sure do like 

OWNING you on sled-sites!!!

7 hours ago, ckf said:

I hate the old style. I'd get it all set, go to put it in place, and the fucking thing would go off. Never had to worry about mice when we had a cat, it was the damn chipmunks. I have no idea why they think they had to showoff their catch. One morning I had the pleasure on stepping on one barefoot. That's a great way to start your day, LOL.

My wife stepped on a dead mouse this am.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

That's what I have except they drown in the water under the birdseed :thumb:

This works too.

CH007.png

I'm not even going to try sealing up the garage. The pail works fine for that.

Fawk , you maty catch me with that stuff.

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Caleb’s country store in Barrington has a huge why cheese wheel called rat trap cheese. It’s invredible.

That rat trap is to die for , or kill for. Yeah , kill for. I like that better.