Check your account email address ×

Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks

Former Obama administration National Security Council cybersecurity coordinator Michael Daniel confirmed on Wednesday that a "stand down" order was given to counter Russian cyberattacks during the 2016 election.

During a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing, Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho, asked Daniel about a passage in the book Russian Roluette. The passage was about a staffer from Daniel's team, Daniel Prieto, retelling the time that Obama's national security adviser Susan Rice told Daniel and his team to halt their efforts and to "stand down" in countering Russia's cyberattacks.

Daniel was quoted saying to his team that they had to stop working on options to counter the Russian attack: "We've been told to stand down." Prieto is quoted as being "incredulous and in disbelief" and asking, "Why the hell are we standing down?"

:popcornchair:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/21/obama-cyber-chief-confirms-stand-down-order-against-russian-cyberattacks.html

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I would love it if we really got to the truth of what went on with this administration. If for no other reason, just to make sure this ideology never gets the reins of power again.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I would love it if we really got to the truth of what went on with this administration. If for no other reason, just to make sure this ideology never gets the reins of power again.

I think it will all come out over time. A lot of hidden damage done in 8 years.

14 minutes ago, old indy said:

OH The games that these pussbags play huh?     how they going to splain this away lucy?

They don't have to. They just have to manufacture another emotionally charged crisis to keep all the dimwits angry enough to detract from the facts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

They don't have to. They just have to manufacture another emotionally charged crisis to keep all the dimwits angry enough to detract from the facts.

True, very true.   they are getting sloppy trying to come up with new bullshit though, and people are looking more closely than ever at them or whats really behind the facade.

35 minutes ago, old indy said:

True, very true.   they are getting sloppy trying to come up with new bullshit though, and people are looking more closely than ever at them or whats really behind the facade.

Fool me once....

I think more of the population is waking up to the charade......

edit it auto spell lol 

Edited by DriftBusta

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Fool me once....

I think more of the ovulation is waking up to the charade......

They have to be seeing this shit. how long can they stand WIth these shills?