Check your account email address ×

To my father.

I thought I was pretty young, interesting how many had Dad's pass even younger.

Dad passed at 56 in 8/2004 from cancer (Multiple Myloma) was a bout a 3 year process from diagnosis until death.  Lots of crappy treatments in-between.  He died 2 weeks before my first child was born.  I was sad that he never got to see my kids but it was a good diversion for my Mom to have that new grandbaby to focus on. 

My dad was 48. I was 13 the oldest of 5. I still miss him and wonder what he would think of all the changes since he has been gone.

If any of you guys have dad’s your not talking to try to get closer. When there gone it’s too late.

always try to have no regrets.

Sorry for your loss HM and everyone else. I don't know how I will handle when my dad passes.

He turned 60 in October and I am only 27. He was in a sled accident 4 years ago. Hit a rock and is paralyzed from the waste down. Went from a 6'6" totally independent, small business owner to being stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of his life in constant pain and losing his business of 20 years. It is heartbreaking to watch. My grandmother and him lived together. She just passed away at the age of 85 on March 5. They gave eachother a purpose in life, keeping the other one going. That has been really hard as well. The reason I mentioned our ages earlier is that I am quite envious that he got 60 years with his mom and 52 years with his dad. I will be lucky to get 40 I think.