Check your account email address ×

Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That is a good point although at the Indy 500 drivers can win from anywhere but F1 is nothing but a parade.

Sure there are times when it can be done, but you know as well as I that a driver has a better chance of wining from the rear week in and week out in Nascar than it does in IndyCar.

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

More often than Nascar.

Meh, I'd rather see massive crashes than rubbin'...

Neal

Then you should at least enjoy the four restrictor plate racess at Daytona and Talladega :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

F1 is boring to watch compared to Indy or Nascar.  The locations and engineering are what make the watching fun for F1.

Neal

Beat me to it...let’s be honest F1 has far outgrown the streets of Monaco but the spectacle is unmatched.

Just now, ckf said:

Sure there are times when it can be done, but you know as well as I that a driver has a better chance of wining from the rear week in and week out in Nascar than it does in IndyCar.

Then you should at least enjoy the four restrictor plate racess at Daytona and Talladega :lol:

Agreed which is why I specifically mentioned the Indy 500...the other races not so much.

5 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

F1 is boring to watch compared to Indy or Nascar.  The locations and engineering are what make the watching fun for F1.

Neal

:iagree:    Most of the time the race is over after the first turn.

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

No.

Neal

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Agreed which is why I specifically mentioned the Indy 500...the other races not so much.

Did I read somewhere that IndyCar might not go back to Belle Isle?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Which of the two comments are you saying no to? Both?

The top.

I watch a Nascar race here and there.

The Indy race at Texas last night was about as good as oval racing gets IMO.  The finish could have been closer, and it has many times in the past there.

It seems to me that Nascar doesn't get the quick dip, juke and jive to break up the draft or make a pass like Indycar.  The proximity and views of that proximity of open wheels (or semi open) also adds more excitement.  A simple touch is often disastrous in Indycar, where as Nascar can seem more like bumper cars.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Nascar, I just think it is upstaged by Indycar.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The top.

I watch a Nascar race here and there.

The Indy race at Texas last night was about as good as oval racing gets IMO.  The finish could have been closer, and it has many times in the past there.

It seems to me that Nascar doesn't get the quick dip, juke and jive to break up the draft or make a pass like Indycar.  The proximity and views of that proximity of open wheels (or semi open) also adds more excitement.  A simple touch is often disastrous in Indycar, where as Nascar can seem more like bumper cars.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Nascar, I just think it is upstaged by Indycar.

Neal

Last nights race was one of the better IndyCar races I have seen in a while. I don't really have a favorite driver so I was pulling for Rossi last night :bc:

Does IndyCar have a push to pass button like F1 cars? 

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Last nights race was one of the better IndyCar races I have seen in a while. I don't really have a favorite driver so I was pulling for Rossi last night :bc:

Does IndyCar have a push to pass button like F1 cars? 

They have a total time allotment of turbo overboost that they can use.  150 seconds per race I think?

Neal

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep..Hwytohell posted an article about it. 

That sucks! I always liked that venue :( 

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

They have a total time allotment of turbo overboost that they can use.  150 seconds per race I think?

Neal

Nascar needs something like that for the mile and a half's. As the cars have gotten more aerodynamic the aero push has effected them to the point where the leader has to much of an advantage.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Indycars are at Road America on the 24th....that should be a very good race.

I wish Cup would race there. Nascar needs to shake things up instead of going to the boring cookie cutter tracks.

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I wish Cup would race there. Nascar needs to shake things up instead of going to the boring cookie cutter tracks.

Absolutely agree with that....I think Cup should run here as well.....

http://www.racingcircuits.info/north-america/canada/circuit-gilles-villenueve,-montreal.html#.Wx09hNT3af0