Check your account email address ×

Official 2018 Formula 1 Thread

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

10 minutes left in final practice. Who is going to start P1 tomorrow? 

I suspect it will be Hamilton. I hope not, and if he is on pole I hope there is some lead changes. This track has a few good passing spots. Should be a good race.

I would like to see Ricciardo win again, then it would be a three way battle for the championship. I doubt he will win though, this track has long straights and needs a car with lots of top speed. Merc and Ferrari will be at the front like always.

Just now, 2strokemerc said:

I suspect it will be Hamilton. I hope not, and if he is on pole I hope there is some lead changes. This track has a few good passing spots. Should be a good race.

I would like to see Ricciardo win again, then it would be a three way battle for the championship. I doubt he will win though, this track has long straights and needs a car with lots of top speed. Merc and Ferrari will be at the front like always.

The Redbulls were fast in practice. Verstopen (sp) was fastest in final practice. I'm pulling for Kimi then Vettle :thumb:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

The Redbulls were fast in practice. Verstopen (sp) was fastest in final practice. I'm pulling for Kimi then Vettle :thumb:

Daniel Ricciardo all the way! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Good racing from Indycar tonight.

:bc:

Neal

21 minutes ago, ckf said:

There is even a little passing going on :bc:

Racing is good...could use some more asses in the seats...hell it's still 92 degrees there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Wife is happy, Dixon won.  Hinch didn't do too bad for using his car that failed to get into Indy.

Neal

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I dunno how people would rather watch Nascar than Indycar.  It's odd.  Too bad for Indycar.

Neal

Definitely a good race for Hinchcliffe and Dixon was dominant and yeah Indycar provides much better racing than NASCAR.....the whole split deal back in the day really screwed up Indycar.

9 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I dunno how people would rather watch Nascar than Indycar.  It's odd.  Too bad for Indycar.

Neal

Because there is usually more passing (action) in a Nascar race. I just wish there were more road courses & short tracks in Nascar. They have way to many mile and a half tracks.

7 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

But no one cares about 10 place and back passing.  Meh.

Neal

How often in F1 or IndyCar can a guy start in the back of the pack and win the race?  As an added bonus, Nascar has fenders and a front bumper that can make things interesting when applied correctly :crazy:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

How often in F1 or IndyCar can a guy start in the back of the pack and win the race?  As an added bonus, Nascar has fenders and a front bumper that can make things interesting when applied correctly :crazy:

That is a good point although at the Indy 500 drivers can win from anywhere but F1 is nothing but a parade.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

More often than Nascar.

Meh, I'd rather see massive crashes than rubbin'...

Neal